Monday, July 13, 2009

British Open, Manny Acta fired, etc.

Man, what a slow week in sports....I apologize for the scarcity of posts lately, but once free agency slowed down, sports is at a grinding halt...alas, here I am...
  • First off.... I have pretty minimal interest in the MLB All-Star festivities....America's pastime, the pageantry, etc. etc. blah blah blah... It was already a bad exhibition, and adding the "homefield" for the World Series based upon a meaningless game is probably the dumbest thing I can ever think of in baseball... pointless...It makes me not want to watch a game in which Lincecum and Halladay are pitching against each other...that says something....
  • The British Open is this week...Turnberry is the site...I know nothing about the course...I know nothing about the tournament other than Tiger is the favorite..but I'd still watch if I were you
  • Manny Acta out as Nats manager....The old "throw the manager under the bus" move by management when the team they assembled is so dreadful that there's nothing can be done....awesome....
  • Jarrett Jack to the Raptors...not gonna lie, I don't have any idea what Bryan Colangelo is doing....but I do like Jarrett Jack and Jose Calderon is apparently not a guy who can carry the entire load at the point...
  • I saw some illegal clips of the NBA summer league and stumbled along James Harden...and I really like Ric Bucher's Brandon Roy comparison...probably not as talented, but the lefty has more Roy than Manu in him...he plays at his own pace...always seems in control...probably the most NBA-ready guy in this class outside of Griffin
  • I can't get over Paul Millsap going to Portland...it makes no sense to me whatsoever.....
  • George Hill is way too good to be Tony Parker's backup...let me just say that now....I think he's a top 25 PG in the league right now...he just happens to be backing up a top 8 one...
That's it for now...

1 comment:

Ryan said...

-What suggestion do you have to improve the all star game?
-I think that Jack can play the 2 much like in Indy alongside TJ..he's big enough to guard 2's
-And 25 isnt a big reach for Hill..but I dont think he could start for most teams..and averaging 25 and 3 in summer league kinda takes him into the off guard range no?