Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Kiffin to SC....and some Ramblings

Well this will be a short one... but the main topic of conversation at the moment is....
  • Lane Kiffin to USC.... this struck me as an outlandish choice by SC.... Kiffin is a living, breathing NCAA investigation who is pathologically unable to shut his mouth.... why would a school that has been embroidered in their OWN investigations go after a guy like Kiffin? It makes no sense to me.... On the one hand, Kiffin is a west-coast guy who has shown the ability to recruit both at SC and in his one Tennessee season, and he's a young guy who can keep the Carroll "persona" going... but I don't think that outweighs the ridiculousness of how he carries himself... Free Matt Barkley....

Other stuff...

  • Hey... Mark McGwire did steroids.... hm....
  • Charles Woodson named Defensive player of the year.... well, obviously Charles Woodson is my favorite college athlete ever (for obvious reasons, somehow eclipsing Mike Hart, Jalen Rose, Shane Battier, and Jason Avant even) and was absolutely amazing this year... I don't think he's the best pure cover guy in the game, but he made the most plays (9 INT, 3 for TD) and was incredibly flexible/versatile covering slot-guys and even playing safety at times when called upon....
  • Of all the teams for Detroit to beat... it had to be Washington right?.... I can't decide how I'd rank the Pistons/Wiz/Nets trio right now.... but I honestly believe there are 11 teams in the West (The top 8, NO, Utah, and even the Clippers right now with Memphis not far off) better than everyone but the top-4 in the East...it's laughable...
  • I think there are 8 people on Planet Earth outraged by the Hawks bringing back Mario West... and I'm one of them... come on.... should've just kept Othello Hunter for that matter
  • On the newly forming Bosh-for-Bynum rumor... I like it for both teams to a point... but I still don't think it ever happens... that Bosh/Gasol front-court would have some kinks to work out... but my goodness...

That'll do it...

No comments: