Wednesday, February 16, 2011

All-Star Weekend Quick Picks...

Greetings all... I will be traveling over the weekend so expect limited content (sigh)... wanted to get up my picks for the ASG festivities...

Dunk Contest - Jevale McGee (WAS)

I've been on the record since the contestant list was released that I'm siding with Epic Vale... Yes, I realize that Blake Griffin is involved, but I'm going to say this... I've NEVER seen a more athletic player for their size than Jevale McGee... he's a legit 7-feet, jumps like a swingman, and he's got crazy length... AND he's shown some foolishness in game situations... call it a sleeper if you want... but Griffin is a power dunker more than a "flash" type of guy i.e. Vince, etc., and I feel like unless it turns into a popularity contest, McGee is my favorite... but FYI, don't sleep on late addition Demar Derozan... he was drawing Vince comparisons back to high school and can flyyyy....

3-Point Shootout - Ray Allen (BOS)

I can't pick against Ray... especially when the defending champion is Paul Pierce and I still can't believe he won it last year... Best stroke, most repeatable, etc... he's the favorite... if I had to give a sleeper, it'd be James Jones...

Skills Challenge - Steph Curry (GS)

Honestly? I have no idea... the guy who would win it (again) is Steve Nash, but he's not participating... Rose won it in 2009, but I feel like Curry is overly skilled and has a shot... but what do I know?

And... of course....

The Game - West over East

It's my favorite All-Star game... not saying much (at all) because I hate them in general... but at least there's about 6 minutes where it's legitimately compelling in the 4th quarter if it's close... the West is uber-deep, has more size, and has the best point guard for this type of game (Paul)... the East has Lebron, the best big (Howard), but their bench is pretty bad (considering), and I don't like Rose as an all-star game distributor haha... There it is...


Enjoy the festivities... and please... don't sleep on Epic Vale...

No comments: