- Baltimore 44, Cincinnati 13 - For everyone that crapped on Baltimore in the offseason, this one was for you. Joe Flacco looked about as good as he's ever looked, Ray Rice is the best back in the league, and that undermanned defense made Andy Dalton look like a child.
- Chargers 22, Raiders 13 - Horrendous football from Oakland here. 3 errors in the punting game, virtually nothing downfield in the passing game (13 catches from McFadden masked the overall ineptitude), and they lost at home to a team who ran for 32 total yards. Oakland, everybody!
- The Braves blew a 1-0 lead that Mike Minor staked them to when Jonny Venters and Chad Durbin imploded to the tune of 4 runs in the 7th. The offense was the problem in this one (again) though, in only scratching 1 run against someone named Wily Peralta. Eesh.
- Andy Murray won the US Open and became the first British tennis player to win a grand slam since 1936. Big-ups to him.
- The Falcons won impressively on Sunday, but lost Brent Grimes for the season to an achilles injury yesterday. Brutal loss for this newly "pressuring" Falcons defense, as Grimes was probably the best pure cover guy, and while the Samuel/Robinson duo will be fine, a 3rd corner is really, really necessary in today's NFL and the Owens/Franks combination is something that makes every informed Falcons fan cringe.