- New England 42, Houston 14 - The Patriots showed the country who the class of the AFC is... and Houston still has pole position for the #1 seed. That's how these things work, but Tom Brady and company were masterful last night. 296 yards and 4 touchdowns (with 0 INT) for Brady and it would've been even better if Wes Welker had caught more than 3 of his 9 targets. For Houston, they ran the ball reasonably well, but because Matt Schaub didn't play well and the defense was gashed, they had to abandon the run and the score showed it. Not an entertaining 2nd half, but the Pats looked like a juggernaut.
- NBA Check - Miami shot a blistering 58% from the field in dispatching of Atlanta by a 101-92 score. Lebron led the way with 27/7/6 but the real key was Wade, who shot 11 of 13 from the field for an ultra-efficient 26 points in 34 minutes. It was the first time all season that Atlanta had allowed an opponent to shoot 50+% and that was the x-factor. Tony Parker put up his first career triple-double in leading San Antonio to a 134-126 OT win over Houston on the road. Parker's line was 27 points, 12 rebounds, and 12 assists, which is absolutely outstanding, and San Antonio also got 29 points from Gary Neal and 22 from Manu Ginobili in the win. And finally, Portland got 30 points and 12 rebounds from LaMarcus Aldridge in taking care of business against 4-18 Toronto in the Rose Garden.
- Dallas Cowboys WR Dez Bryant may miss the rest of the season with a broken finger. It was widely reported on Monday that Bryant was being placed on IR, but as of this morning, nothing was official. This would be a huge blow to Dallas and to Bryant, who was playing the undisputed best football of his career, having scored in 5 consecutive games. Something to keep an eye on for Tuesday.
What to watch for on Tuesday (in chronological order)...
- 7:00 - NBA - Knicks @ Nets (ESPN) - The battle of New York takes to a special Tuesday night ESPN slot. New York is scorching hot right now and Brooklyn has lost 4 in a row, but the biggest key will be up front where Brook Lopez has missed the past few games.
- 9:30 - NBA - Clippers @ Bulls (ESPN) - Chris Paul vs. Derrick Rose!.... Oh wait... At any rate, Chicago's defense is still tremendous (leading the league in def. efficiency) and LA is a top-5 offense. Strength vs. Strength.