- Wisconsin his reportedly hired Utah State's Gary Andersen to replace Bret Bielema as head coach. I actually think this is a nice hire, as Andersen has transformed that program into a top-25 team over the past few seasons, and has a winning track record. Typical Wisconsin move.
- RA Dickey got moved to the Blue Jays earlier in the week for a package that includes Travis D'Arnaud. I liked this deal a lot for the Mets, as they procured a potential top-10 prospect in all of baseball in exchange for the 38-year-old knuckleballer. It's as simple as this. If Dickey is the guy he's been for the last 2-3 seasons, it's a solid deal for the Jays. If he's the guy he was before that, it's a gut-punch for the Jays.
- NBA - Atlanta won an overtime battle with Washington despite playing terribly. Sound familiar? Big thanks to Washington for shooting 38% as a team despite Jordan Crawford's crazy 27/11/11 triple-double. Speaking of triple-doubles, Joakim Noah put one up for Chicago in a 100-89 win over Boston. Denver knocked off San Antonio, giving the suddenly-reeling Spurs their 4th loss in 5 games. And finally, the Lakers got a 101-100 comeback win over the atrocious Bobcats. All's right with the world!
What to watch for...
- 7:00 - NBA - Nets @ Knicks (ESPN) - The Battle of New York rages on.
- 7:00 - NCAAB - Xavier @ #11 Cincy (ESPN2) - This is a physical, wild rivalry game.
- 7:30 - NBA - Thunder @ Hawks (SportSouth) - The Western conf. champs make their one appearance at Philips this year.
- 9:00 - NCAAB - #23 North Carolina @ Texas (ESPN2) - This game looks better on paper than it actually is, but UNC could use a win.
- 9:30 - NBA - Bucks @ Grizzlies (ESPN) - Larry Sanders against that Memphis front-line and the battle of the lefty point guard between Jennings and Conley.