Tuesday, April 13, 2010

4/13: Portland/OKC, Baseball, etc.

Straight to it...
  • Portland takes out OKC last night... Marcus Camby was enormous with 30 and 13... his highest point total since December of 2005...yes, 2005... Basically, the big repercussion of this game is that OKC is now locked into the 8th seed and will see LA in round 1... I'm excited about that series, but it's not the best "upset" matchup for OKC because of their lack of pure size up front...
  • Ben Roethlisberger not charged... ho-hum... star athlete gets off the hook despite some pretty damning accusations... Should he get suspended? I say no... but I'm not in favor of the personal conduct policy anyway...
To baseball...
  • Pitching Line of the Day: Justin Duchscherer.... who, you say?! The Oakland former young stud turned injury risk put up a 7.1 IP, 2 H, 0 ER performance... dominant stuff
  • Battling Line of the Day: Andruw Jones.... Jeez, that Andruw Jones?.... 3-4, 2 HR, 4 RBI.... he is alive! lol
  • I don't even wanna mention the Braves game but I have to.... Jurrjens doesn't scare me... he just didn't have control last night and that's his main skill... that's an issue.... however, Jo-Jo Reyes shouldn't have a Major league job... I mentioned this in my MLB preview and his debut (3.1 IP, 10 H, 9 ER) may have done the trick... come on Bobby...
  • Barry Zito is 2-0... Done and done...
That's all I got for today... NBA will be cranking up as soon as I know the matchups... enjoy

No comments: