Thursday, April 8, 2010

4/8: Masters!, Early Draft Entries, etc.

Good morning....
  • It's Masters week... I can almost smell the azaleas.... lol... But seriously, it's by far my favorite golf tournament and it ranks in the top 5 events worldwide that I'd like to attend... Tiger is the story obviously and he tees off at 1:42... I'll go on record and say that he finishes in the top-10 and mounts a run on Sunday but loses... a dark horse? How bout Stewart Cink....
  • Tons of Early NBA Draft Entries.... The entire Kentucky freshman class is going (lol)... You know about Wall and Cousins... but Eric Bledsoe's stock is very high because it's a point guard dead draft... he could go top 10-12... and Daniel Orton is a name you probably don't know, but the big freshman has fans at the NBA level and he could sneak in the top 16-18 as a project big... Oh yeah.. and Evan Turner is in...
To baseball...
  • Pitching Line of the Day - Matt Garza... 8 IP, 4 hits, 1 ER, 9 Ks in a win over the Orioles...
  • Batting Line of the Day - Kelly Johnson.... 3-3, 2 HR, 3 RBI, 2 R... Our old "friend" from Braves country had a huge night and could possibly be a classic "change of scenery" guy...
  • Big win for the Braves led by Chipper's first HR to take the lead late in the game in 4 years (I wish I was kidding)... Liked what I saw from Jurrjens and Wagner especially....
  • Did anyone see Umpire Joe West's postgame rant about Yanks/Sox? He basically called them a travesty for how slow they play and how long their games are... and I, for one, loved it... Preach the truth Joe
Other stuff....
  • Don Nelson is your new NBA all-time wins leader.... this has always been somewhat of a non-sensical stat... former leader Lenny Wilkens had more losses than wins for his career... and Nellie isn't much better including become a complete caricature of himself in his later years (coming to a head this year)... but hey, he's got more wins than you
  • Manu Ginobili getting an extension from the Spurs... 3 years for 40 million reportedly... I'd be okay with that... it seems a little much for the last year, but that's how these "retire here!" deals work...
  • I was going to rant about Mike Woodson in this space... but I actually can't find the strength... he was egregious yet again last night... between the unmitigated disaster that the offense becomes when Joe Johnson isn't on the court... to playing Mario West NBA minutes... to the inability to take advantage of matchups either through refusal or lack of creativity.... to the switching of every screen no matter who is on the court (because Joe Smith and ZaZa can CERTAINLY guard Will Bynum on a switch).... Okay I'm done... I guess that qualifies as a rant
That'll do it for now... I may be on hiatus for the weekend if the internet doesn't cooperate... I'm traveling... just a heads-up

No comments: