Wednesday, January 30, 2008

1/30/08: NBA Recap, Santana, Barbaro, etc.

  • First...had a little time to digest Santana to the Mets (although people need to realize this deal isn't all the way done...still has to sign a deal); Granted, the mets just got infinitely better; but the rest of that rotation is one giant question mark led by noone knowing which Pedro is going to be there....Little less scared than yesterday, but Santana makes the Mets the clear front-runner in the NL East
  • Barbaro's ashes to be spread at Churchill Downs......In one of the most worthless sports stories that I can ever remember, this is STILL being talked about....Horse racing is dead....no one cares....
  • Every analyst I saw last night/this morning seems to be shocked by Seattle beating San Antonio at home last night....don't put me on that list.....SA was playing without Parker (meaning 30+ minutes) for Jacque Vaughn..and it was in Seattle...yawn
  • I have no problem with Plax Burress's score prediction....is he really supposed to say they're gonna lose? Granted, I'd never advise someone to do this, but zero issue with it
  • Greg Anthony was in the outlandish business last night on NBA Coast to Coast....ranging from totally throwing Lawrence Frank (Head Coach of the Nets) under the bus to calling the Miami Heat's performance last night "the worst of the decade"....umm, damn Greg....Miami was utterly atrocious losing by 30 at home to Boston without KG and Allen...but wow...so strong....That type of short memory makes me look cautious with my statements
  • Some rumored deals for Jason Kidd don't make sense to me....but the deal all over ESPN with Kidd going to the Lakers for Odom, Vujacic and Crittendon does.....except when you factor in that the Lakers CANNOT trade Odom with Bynum out 2 months....it just cant happen
  • I played against Senario Hillman (Guard at Alabama) in high school....wow....he's just openly dunking on people lately....For the record I've never seen anyone outside of Josh Smith at McEachern or Louis Williams jump like Hillman does LIVE on the court with me
  • Get well soon Mike Wilbon....
More later....

1 comment:

Ryan said...

-So you're telling me there is zero shock when Seattle had lost 14 straight prior?...thats the team they beat?..not Memphis,NJ or Philly?..Spurs are in a bit of trouble..

-I'd pull the trigger if I was LA...oh wait..Walton is hurt..nevermind..