Thursday, January 24, 2008

Tiger, Mayo, NBA Recap, etc.

  • Looks like most of the country missed the CBB game of the year so far....Baylor wins in 5OT over Texas A&M; Highlights seem pretty outstanding...a shame for sure that most of the country missed it
  • I have no problem whatsoever with OJ Mayo taking ticks from Carmelo Anthony to a game....Melo's not recruiting him; they're friends....No outrage necessary
  • Falcons officially hire Mike Smith- Skepticism ensues.....I'm not totally opposed to this hire (lack of knowledge on the guy really) and noone else was jumping on the job so I give him the benefit of the doubt for now....and wow, Marcellus Wiley went a little overboard I thought...def. scared me
  • NBA Recap: Kirk Hinrich Lives! I have a running dialogue about how bad he's been this year with my friend and mental equal Ryan so it was good to see Hinrich come strong with 38 pts, 7 rebs, 10 dimes....hopefully a sign of a recovery for him; Josh Smith came with another tantalizing good line/bad game performance hanging a triple double (and nearly a 5x5) in a loss and committing SEVEN game-killing turnovers in the process....It's a nightly battle for me on Smith as he will drive a fan crazy with his mental mistakes....Jose Calderon is a beast....another 20+ 10+ dimes game for the guy I've always maintained is the best PG on that team (even with a healthy Ford) and a top 10-12 PG in the league at this point
  • Jim Brown calls out Tiger Woods on his reaction to Kelly Tilghman....word? It's Woods friend...so I can't see him throwing her under the bus at any point but I guess I can see the outrage from some older African-Americans because "lynch" is just not a word that should be used....ever.....maybe this will spur Tiger to speak out more...but i doubt it.
  • Apparently Miami is listening to offers for the #1 pick......Shocking.....Oh really? You want to trade the #1 pick for more picks in a year where there is no clear #1? Vintage...
More later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sir, it's good to see you using that genius brain for good. All the way to Bristol son!