Saturday, December 18, 2010

NFL Preview Week 15

Greetings all... Please forgive my absence this week... it's been a whirlwind... at any rate... let's get to the (remaining) NFL slate... Winners in Bold...
  • Kansas City @ St. Louis - 1:00 - Tough one off the bat... I think KC is pretty legit... they run the ball with Charles/Jones, Cassel and Bowe have it going this year, and the D is solid... but Cassel is banged up, Bowe has disappeared 2 weeks in a row, and they aren't great on the road... insert Sam Bradford! I like the Rams at home in a close one...
  • Arizona @ Carolina - 1:00 - I have no idea... but when in doubt (and with these QBs? Yikes) take the home team...
  • Philly @ NY Giants - 1:00 - I just think Philly is good... and it doesn't help the Giants case to be playing without Steve Smith (and maybe Manningham), and with Eli Manning playing outdoors... This one likely decides the NFC East, and I have to take Vick...
  • Detroit @ Tampa Bay - 1:00 - Josh Freeman! This is tougher than it looks actually... Tampa's defense is sooooo banged up now... Talib and McCoy, aka their best 2 players, are on IR and they have 3 more starters out here... but I can't back Drew Stanton on the road yet, and Tampa's been good against bad teams
  • Cleveland @ Cincy - 1:00 - See explanation above about Arizona and Carolina... Wow these are 2 bad games...
  • Buffalo @ Miami - 1:00 - This has to be said... What the heck happened to Chad Henne? Let me say this, I didn't think he'd be a great pro coming out of Michigan, but he was fairly solid last year, and this year? Trainwreck... that said, they should be able to run the ball here, and they have the defensive talent to slow Fred Jackson...
  • Washington @ Dallas - 1:00 - Rex Grossman on the road... nothing else to see here folks...
  • Jacksonville @ Indianapolis - 1:00 - Been trying to find a way to pick against Indy here... and I can't... just can't fathom life without them in the playoffs, and they gotta have this one... Don't trust Garrard on the road, and Peyton is getting Collie back just in time too...
  • New Orleans @ Baltimore - 1:00 - New Orleans is good... they've been playing lights-out for weeks on offense, and that shouldn't change here against a Baltimore defense that is very weak on the back-end... Tough game to call here, but Baltimore's performance late last week against Houston can't let me pick them...
  • Houston @ Tennessee - 1:00 - This seems like a classic spot for Houston to lay down.... no other feeling on this one...
  • Atlanta @ Seattle - 4:00 - 3rd straight game on the road (4th in 5 games), great home crowd, trap game with New Orleans on Monday night next week... it all lines up... In case you were wondering, I hope I'm wrong, but there are matchup concerns too (Ryan playing outdoors, etc.)... Can't wait for my friend James to see this...
  • NY Jets @ Pittsburgh - 4:00 - I'm planting my flag with Sanchez... okay, that's not true... but hear me out... Pittsburgh's offense has been flat-out bad in recent weeks, and the Jets D? Dominant... I don't think Miami could've scored a TD in 20 quarters last week, and Big Ben is hobbling around against a blitzing D?... This reeks of 13-10, and I like the Jets now that Polamalu likely isn't there to make a big play for Pitt...
  • Denver @ Oakland - 4:00 - Seems like Denver has laid down, right? Orton has been a trainwreck the last 2 weeks, and Oakland is pretty frisky at home... McFadden goes nuts here...
  • Green Bay @ New England - 8:00 - Was looking forward to this one until Aaron Rodgers was listed as doubtful... Matt Flynn in New England?... Pats 34, GB 13...
  • Chicago @ Minnesota - Monday 8:30 - You're darn right I'm taking Joe Webb at home... lol... actually, I'm taking Adrian Peterson and betting against Jay Cutler in a blizzard... but all is fair...
THE PICKS! 45-39-2 entering...
  • Dallas -7 over Washington... Can't pass up the chance to pick against Rex...
  • Seattle +7 over Atlanta... Taking them straight up... yeah...
  • NYJ +6 over Pitt... See above...
  • New England -13 over GB... Yeah that's alot of points... and it goes without saying I only pick this with Flynn... but if Rodgers is out, count this one...
Enjoy the slate...

No comments: