Tuesday, December 28, 2010

THE PICKS! - Bowl Edition

Greetings... Readers of this blog know my overall bowl feelings... I think the majority of them are patently absurd... that being said, there are some intriguing matchups, and some decent football to be had... also, this is an opportunity for me to pick games and potentially add to my PICKS record... we'll add these in with my NFL/NCAA picks (48-43-2 at time of this blog post)...
  • Iowa +3 over Missouri... I'm still baffled as to how Iowa managed to lose 5 games... but this is more of a pick against Missouri... still not a believer, and Ferentz has a good bowl record...
  • Oklahoma State -5 over Arizona... OK State will wing the ball all over the yard here... little resistance..
  • Washington +14 over Nebraska... I don't think they win it outright... but this smells like a typical "Jake Locker draft stock up" performance... maybe I'm nuts...
  • Miami -3 over Notre Dame... turmoil in South Bend... talent edge for Miami...
  • Georgia -6.5 over UCF... It pains me to pick them... but AJ Green's national showcase + Aaron Murray (who's very, very good) and the talent edge is too much...
  • Florida State +3 over South Carolina... I really like Jimbo Fisher... and yes, I still don't trust Stephen Garcia at all... they looked like a beaten football team against Auburn too...
  • Northwestern +10 over Texas Tech... just too many points... and Pat Fitzgerald will have them ready...
  • Alabama -9.5 over Michigan State... Not a big believer in Sparty... they are without their best receiver, and Alabama seems angry in everything I read... blowout city...
  • Wisconsin +3 over TCU... I think they're the better team... TCU hasn't seen anything like the 3-headed rushing attack from Wisconsin and the nation's best offensive line... and Tolzien just doesn't make mistakes...
  • UConn +17 over Oklahoma... I really don't like this pick... it's just absolutely insane to see a 17 point neutral field favorite in a BCS game....

And there it is... may throw in picks on the BCS games after the 1st... and definitely will weigh in on Auburn/Oregon... stay tuned...

No comments: