Thursday, December 23, 2010

NFL Preview Week 16

Greetings all... Let's get to the Week 16 breakdown... Winners in bold...
  • Carolina @ Pittsburgh - Thursday 8:20 - Carolina is putrid... I can stop there, but here's a few more things... Pittsburgh has an elite rush defense against a team that can't throw the ball... Night game in Pittsburgh... Jimmy Clausen on the road... Okay I'm done...
  • Dallas @ Arizona - Saturday 7:30 - I can't pick Arizona... John Skelton isn't as bad as he sounds (so far), but they can't run the ball at all, and their defense is absolutely wretched... don't feel great about Kitna and company on the road out West, but I'll back them...
  • Tennessee @ Kansas City - 1:00 - Arrowhead! I think Charles and Jones get off here, and while Kerry Collins looked okay at home against Houston... this is another animal altogether... plus, Tennessee has nothing to play for and KC is gunning for the division...
  • NY Jets @ Chicago - 1:00 - Toughest game on the board for me... I think the Jets are better than Chicago, but Sanchez on the road is dicey... ultimately, I think Cutler lays an egg here against a quality defense, and they'll bottle Matt Forte up a bit...
  • Washington @ Jacksonville - 1:00 - Rex on the road! He did look semi-competent last week, and the Jags defense is pretty bad on the backend, but I repeat, Rex on the road! Put the caveat down here that MJD may not play in this one, and that's a different team without him...
  • Detroit @ Miami - 1:00 - Picking the Lions on the road sounds insane... until you realize that Miami is 1-6 at home... 1-6! They're 6-1 on the road too... that's crazy... anyway, Drew Stanton (or Shaun Hill if he plays) is frisky, Calvin can get down the field on Miami, and I can smell Chad Henne and the Dolphins offense from here...
  • San Fran @ St. Louis - 1:00 - I can't figure out the Niners QB situation... every time it seems settled, they go the other way... but at any rate, I like the Rams at home generally, and they have the best QB and the best RB in this game... and in this division? Just grab the home team..
  • New England @ Buffalo - 1:00 - Ew... angry Pats team after a sub-standard performance even in their win last week... Buffalo is frisky offensively these days, but they have nothing to stand in the way of the Pats offense... Brady goes off yet again...
  • Baltimore @ Cleveland - 1:00 - Upset of the week... I don't like the way Baltimore's offense has looked recently, Boldin has disappeared, and they can't stop the pass... I'll back Colt McCoy and Peyton Hillis... Lord, help me...
  • Houston @ Denver - 4:00 - What an awful game... 2 of the worst defenses in the league, and 2 coaches who are overmatched... the only reason anyone would watch this is for fantasy... cue the guy who owns Andre Johnson in every league...
  • Indy @ Oakland - 4:00 - Sneaky good game here... Indy looked good at home against Jacksonville, but this is a long trip and they're playing a better defense... that said, Peyton and company should make enough plays to win this one, because I don't trust Campbell (still) and they'll be geared up for Run DMC....
  • San Diego @ Cincy - 4:00 - 3 straight road teams? Yikes... anyway... Cincinnati is so brutal... Palmer is a mess, TO (their best offensive player this year) is out for the year, and Benson should be bottled up by SD's defense... Blowout...
  • Seattle @ Tampa Bay - 4:00 - Tampa beats up on teams that they're better than... Seattle is brutal on the road... Hasselbeck was flat-out awful last week, and I still like what I see from Josh Freeman... it adds up...
  • NY Giants @ Green Bay - 4:00 - If Rodgers plays? I like the Pack... that crippling loss by the Giants last week should put them in the grave and I'd be very surprised if they win on the road here... especially with Eli playing in the elements... good luck with that...
  • Minnesota @ Philly - 8:00 - Easiest pick on the board including Thursday night... yes... if I had to pick one, I'd take Philly instead of Pittsburgh... hilarious... Vick + Joe Webb = glory...
  • New Orleans @ Atlanta - 8:20 Monday - This is tough for me... before last week? I was picking Atlanta for sure.. but then NO lost and this game suddenly meant a whole lot less (Atlanta hosts Carolina in Week 17 for the slamdunk division clinching)... but NO didn't impress me at all doing it, so I'll cautiously take the Falcons at home... but I wouldn't wager on it...
THE PICKS! 46-42-2 on the year...
  • Green Bay -3 over NYG
  • St. Louis -2.5 over SF
  • Carolina +15 over Pittsburgh... That's so high!
Enjoy it...

No comments: