- #1 Duke got blasted last night in Miami by a shocking 90-63 result. In a way of wrapping this into a small bow, Miami shot 57% from the field including 9-19 on threes, held Duke to under 30% from the field and 4 of 23 on threes, and out-rebounded the Blue Devils 44-39. Done and done. I wouldn't indict Duke based on this loss, because it's college hoops and going on the road is troublesome always.
- The other upset in college hoops was much more surprising actually. #9 Butler fell at the hands of La Salle 54-53. The Bulldogs had been playing out of their minds, but again, going on the road in-conference is no small task, and they couldn't avoid the upset bug.
- The Lakers are an unmitigated disaster. More losses, more trouble (including "reports" that Kobe went after Dwight last night), and Howard got injured again in last night's 106-93 loss to Memphis. Just another day in LA!
- Justin Upton... Atlanta Brave? We've been here before with reports of a "close" deal, but never like this. Julio Teheran and more would be headed to Arizona, but dreams of an Upton-Upton-Heyward outfield for three years make up for that loss. Hopefully, this will be done today.
What to watch for on Thursday...
- 7:00 - NCAAB - Purdue @ #2 Michigan (ESPN) - Go Blue.
- 7:00 - NBA - Raptors @ Magic (League Pass) - I'm only putting this here to remind you that League Pass is free this week. That's the only reason.
- 8:00 - NBA - Knicks @ Celtics (TNT) - Boston is in turmoil, but these two teams always play entertaining battles.
- 9:00 - NCAAB - UCLA @ #6 Arizona (ESPN) - Really, really nice Pac-12 game, and the fact that it's on the Worldwide Leader makes it more interesting.
- 10:30 - NBA - Clippers @ Suns (TNT) - Who's idea was it to put the Nash-less Suns on TNT?
- 11:00 - NCAAB - BYU @ #10 Gonzaga (ESPN) - One of the better games in the WCC this season. Brandon Davies is worth watching for BYU.