- 3:00 - NBA - Knicks vs. Pistons (NBATV) - You're thinking... "wait, an NBA game at 3:00 EST on a Thursday?! And the answer is... the game is London! I'll be honest and tell you that I had no idea this was coming until earlier in the week, and I'll apologize to English fans who have to watch the Pistons. Eesh.
- 7:00 - NCAAB - #5 Michigan @ #9 Minnesota (ESPN) - What an awesome game. Michigan is coming off of their first loss of the year, and they are treated to a road game against a top-10 opponent. The Big 10 is a gauntlet this year.
- 7:00 - NCAAB - #10 Florida @ Texas A&M (ESPN2) - If you're one of those Southerners who believe that sports don't matter north of the mason-dixon line, this one's for you.
- 8:00 - NBA - Clippers @ T-Wolves (TNT) - Hopefully, Chris Paul is in the lineup to salvage the absence of Kevin Love for Minnesota.
- 9:00 - NCAAB - Georgia Tech @ #3 Duke (ESPN) - Duke is banged up, but it won't matter. Brian Gregory is building it back at Tech, but they aren't there yet.
- 10:30 - NBA - Heat @ Lakers (TNT) - There's no denying the appeal of this game, even with LA stuck in the mud. Kobe, Dwight, and Nash against Miami's Big Three is worth it.
- 7:00 - NBA - Bulls @ Celtics (ESPN) - Always fun to see these two jerseys on the court together. Boston is playing much better in recent days, but Chicago will present a test for them offensively.
- 7:30 - NBA - Hawks @ Nets (SportSouth) - This is the second of a home-and-home in this series, and it's another shot to see Joe Johnson battle his old squad.
- 9:30 - NBA - Thunder @ Mavs (ESPN) - These two teams always play really entertaining/competitive games, but OKC is much, much better than Dallas right now.
SATURDAY (Jam-packed, btw)
- Noon - NCAAB - Maryland @ North Carolina (ESPN) - Neither team is ranked right now, but both are tourney contenders and this is a nice warm-up.
- Noon - NCAAB - UConn @ Pittsburgh (ESPN2) - I could literally copy and paste the blurb from the previous game about this one. Not kidding.
- 2:00 - NCAAB - #4 Kansas @ Texas (CBS) - Texas being 8-8 really hurts this game, but at least they're at home.
- 2:30 - NCAAB - #7 Arizona @ Arizona State (FSN) - Heated, in-state rivalry and two good teams. It's never fun to play a rival, especially on the road, so keep an eye on this one.
- 4:00 - NCAAB - #6 Syracuse @ #1 Louisville (ESPN) - This is the game of the day on a day with a million good games. Two top-6 teams battling, and the first test for Louisville as the #1 team. Awesome match-up.
- 4:00 - NCAAB - #12 Creighton @ Wichita State (ESPN2) - The Valley! It's a shame that this one is going head-to-head with that Big East battle, but Creighton is legit this year.
- 4:00 - NCAAB - #21 Oregon @ #24 UCLA (CBS) - The 4:00 window is packed so no one east of the Pacific Time Zone is going to watch this, but it's still a fun game.
- 6:00 - NCAAB - #11 Ohio State @ #18 Michigan (ESPN) - Another top-20 battle featuring two really scary teams from the loaded Big 10. Ho-hum.
- 7:00 - NBA - Spurs @ Hawks (SportSouth) - The one and only visit from San Antonio to the Highlight Factory this year. Never turn down a chance to see Tim Duncan if you can do it.
- 8:00 - NBA - Grizzlies @ Bulls (WGN) - God Bless WGN for playing these games on a pretty much national basis.
- 9:00 - NCAAB - #8 Gonzaga @ #13 Butler (ESPN) - Did I mention that Saturday was loaded!?!?! This is the mid-major game of the year as the Zags travel to Indiana to take on Brad Stevens and company. Must-see.
- 11:00 - NCAAB - Utah @ Washington (ESPNU) - Only if you're up late...
- 1:00 - NCAAB - #2 Indiana @ Northwestern (BTN) - The Hoosiers lost earlier in the week, so the ranking is out-of-balance, but if you need a TV warm-up before football...
- 3:00 - NFL - 49ers @ Falcons - NFC Title Game (FOX) - We'll preview this later in the week as noted above.
- 6:30 - NFL - Ravens @ Patriots - AFC Title Game (CBS) - Ditto.