- The Nation's #2 ranked college football recruit is named Reuben Foster. Earlier in the recruiting process, he verbally committed to Auburn and subsequently got a War Eagle tattoo (permanent). Then, Mr. Foster decided yesterday to switch his commitment... to Alabama. Alabama!!!! He has an Auburn tattoo!!! I thought this was fascinating.
- NBA! The Wizards knocked off the injury-depleted Clippers 98-90 in Washington. Martell Webster (yes, that Martell Webster) led the way with 21 points for the Wiz. Indiana knocked off Chicago 111-101 in a shocking game simply because both teams cracked 100 points. David West had 29 and 9 for Indiana while Paul George added 21 and 11 for the Pacers. Both of these teams are top-3 defenses... that didn't show up. Lebron James had a ho-hum 31-point, 8-rebound, 8-assist night last night in a 99-94 win over Charlotte. It's becoming comically routine. Oklahoma City pounded Dallas 112-91, and it wasn't that close. Kevin Durant scored 19 points and grabbed 10 rebounds in just 28 minutes, while Russ Westbrook had 24 points and 7 assists in 29 minutes before they took their foot off of the gas. Finally, Portland outlasted Minnesota 100-98 despite allowing a staggering 40 points to the T-Wolves in the 4th quarter. LaMarcus Aldridge had 25 points and 13 rebounds to go with the game-saving block in the final seconds, and both Damian Lillard and Wes Matthews cracked 20 points for the Blazers. On the T-Wolves side, they got the best game of the season from Ricky Rubio (15 points, 14 assists), and 23 points off the bench from Dante Cunningham. Wild game.
- On the college hardwood, Syracuse beat up on #25 Notre Dame by a 63-47 final. CJ Fair led the way for the Orange with 18 and 10 but it was the defense that was the key. Notre Dame shot just 35% on the night, and never had a chance to win on the road with that clip.
- The Detroit Lions released Titus Young yesterday. This is absolutely insane when you consider that he was basically their #2 receiver coming into last season and they spent a high draft pick on him, but when your own guy was reportedly running the wrong routes on purpose, it's bye-bye time.
What to watch for on Tuesday...
- 7:00 - NBA - Hawks @ Pacers (SportSouth) - Let's hope Indiana's defense hasn't woken up from its slumber just yet. This is a winnable road game.
- 7:00 - NCAAB - #2 Florida @ Arkansas (ESPN) - Florida is much, much better, but Arkansas is unbeaten at home and nothing comes easy on the road inside the conference.
- 7:30 - NBA - Lakers @ Nets (NBATV) - Really quality offering from NBATV tonight, as the Lakers have shown signs of turnaround, and the Nets are entertaining.
- 9:00 - NCAAB - #10 Ohio State @ #3 Michigan (ESPN) - Well, this is obviously my game of the night. Go Blue is looking to avenge their early-season defeat in Columbus, and this is an angry team after Saturday's loss in Bloomington. Must-see TV.
Stay tuned this afternoon for a special post on my NBA Love/Hate. Enjoy!