- 7:00 - NBA - All-Star Celebrity Game (ESPN) - I would watch this, but the only reason that I would is because ESPN's Ryen Russillo is playing in the game.
- 9:00 - NBA - Rising Stars Challenge (TNT) - This will be always be the "Rookie/Soph Game" for me, but now that the teams are mixed up, they've renamed the game. It'll be entertaining for the casual fan, as not a single defensive possession is taken seriously, and they'll be some highlight dunks. Kyrie Irving and Ricky Rubio are involved, too.
- 9:00 - NCAAB - #15 Georgetown @ Cincinnati (ESPN) - A rare, quality match-up in the Big East on a Friday night. Cincy is an interesting NCAA tourney case, and they could really use a win here.
- 1:00 - NCAAB - #16 Pittsburgh @ #18 Marquette (CBS) - After a crazy slate the past few weeks, this is the default "best" match-up in college on Saturday as these two top-20 teams meet up. I really, really like Pitt, but Marquette can win here at home.
- 2:00 - NCAAB - Purdue @ #1 Indiana (ESPN) - It's an in-state rivalry and all, but Indiana should handle business (at home) in easy fashion here.
- 3:00 - NBA - D-League All-Star Game (NBATV) - This is just for NBA diehards, but the level of play will be much, much higher than your typical All-Star game because these guys want an NBA job.
- 6:00 - NCAAB - #2 Duke @ Maryland (ESPN) - Duke is Maryland's biggest rival (not the other way around, but still) and the Terrapins should be all kinds of jacked up for this one at home in College Park. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a tight game despite Duke being the much better squad.
- 8:30 - NBA - All-Star Saturday Night (TNT) - The Dunk contest is going to be awesome because of the guys in it and the 3-point contest always delivers. The skills challenge and shooting stars competitions are awful, but that's life as we know it.
- Noon - NCAAB - Penn State @ #4 Michigan (BTN) - This game is a welcome break from the gauntlet for Michigan. Easy win awaits.
- 1:00 - NCAAB - #13 Ohio State @ #20 Wisconsin (CBS) - Absolutely no one wants to go to Madison to play Wisconsin. No. One. That said, Ohio State can be competitive here.
- 8:00 - NBA - All-Star Game (TNT) - For as much as I love the NBA (and basketball, in general), I'm not a huge fan of the All-Star Game. Now that you've picked your jaw up off of the floor, it is because of a) game quality (poor), and b) nothing at stake. The last 6 minutes when everyone actually tries? Count me in.
Enjoy the slate!