Tuesday, July 22, 2008

7/22: Enough material today....

I decided there was enough to talk about today to actually blog....let's get to it...
  • 2 big NFL trades in the last day or 2...Jason Taylor to the Redskins...yawn....and Jeremy Shockey to the Saints...bigger yawn....Taylor is a great player, but in that division....can't see it helping Washington too much....and Shockey is as overrated as they come....and the NFC South is still the league's armpit....
  • Josh Childress is thinking about going where!??!?! Apparently J-Chill (for you Ryan) is contemplating a sizable 3-year deal that would see his salary become basically tax-free for him, and invariably cause quite a stir over here as he's not even an NBA cast-off...he's a legit starter/rotation guy in the league....so this is definitely news...as a Hawks fan, I hate this as he's the glue guy to me....best defender on the team, shoots a high percentage, does the little things....Definitely keeping an eye out here
  • Oh, is Brett Favre coming back?
  • Boy this USA basketball team is small...except...I don't think they are...granted, these guys play the 3 and the 4 in the pros...but honestly, this team isn't at a size disadvantage moreas an attitude one....but I did (finally) hear Coach K say that Lebron could play the 4...and he easily could...it's international ball and the guy is like 260...thank you Coach...Oh yea...and Jason Kidd shouldn't see the floor....at all...
  • Paddy Harrington won back-to-back British Open's....I was very intrigued by this...but I have a feeling the public wasn't...and props to the apparently ageless Greg Norman...still playing well and still collapsing....okay, I take that back....
  • Last story....Nate Robinson....gets his summer league jersey retired? I have no words here...why would anyone want this honor even? That just means that he's played too many summer league games....but at least I know one person that likes him....hmm hmmmm
Until next time...

No comments: