Wednesday, July 9, 2008

7/9: NBA Content! And more

Okay so some NBA content...weird
  • Brandon Jennings going to Europe....For those of you that don't know who Brandon Jennings is, he's a top 5 player (Point guard) in the 2008 high school basketball class....and he's opted to go straight to Europe rather than "endure" college life for a year at Arizona...I actually back this decision...would I do it in his spot? No...but I can't hate on it because I think the age limit is actually unconstitutional...he should be able to do what he wants to make a living
  • 2 signings that made waves for me...Elton Brand to Philly (making them legit right away) and Corey Maggette to Golden State for their full mid-level....I love the Brand move as they've had a sizable hole at the 4 for years...Maggette....ehhh....too much money for me, but he fits there I think...I do however find it a little odd that GS didn't make a run at Josh Smith but on the bright side (for me) the Clips now have cap room and would be the ideal team to overpay the heck our of Mr. Smith; 2 additional signings: Ronny Turiaf to GS (if the Lakers don't match) and James Jones to Miami...I think both are fits actually
Non-bball material...
  • The Cubs dealt for Rich Harden and Gaudin to help them in the pennant race....Harden is filthy...when healthy...but he's never healthy so there that is....I don't know what this does for CHC if Harden gets hurt, but if he's healthy they'll be the dominant favorite (as they were without him)
  • The media can finally put the Rich Rodriguez/West Virginia thing behind them.... Michigan and Rodriguez will split the cost of the $4M buyout and bury that story once and for all hopefully.... Maize and blue rejoice!
I will be doing (hopefully if i have time) a full writeup on the Sonics move/deletion of their nickname thing...shameful...

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Good for Jennings,bad for Zona...not a fan of another wing player in Golden State...Harden is really nice..for some reason I dont think he'll get hurt this year..