Tuesday, July 29, 2008

7/29: A long absence....News brings me back

I am on a semi-leave of absence because I'm in Oklahoma with very limited internet....but wayyyy too much content available today for me to stay away...
  • My Braves deal Mark Teixeira to the Angels for Casey Kotchman and a prospect pitcher....I can handle this move simply because there was about a 1% chance of the Braves signing Tex in the offseason anyway....I think Kotchman is pretty good value....although I do not know his contract status (somebody comment and tell me)....and the Braves are out of it with or without Tex...I'm okay with the move
  • Ron Artest on the move! The long-rumored Artest trade has gone down...but the location surprised me...He's on the way to Houston for Bobby Jackson, the rights to Donte Greene, and the Rockets 09 first rounder....Pretty bold from Houston, but if Ron-Ron's head is on straight (not usually) he's quite a player....and a good fit for that team I'd say
  • Tim Donaghy only gets 15 months....definitely not enough....
  • Kwame Brown latches on in Detroit...for multi-millions....man, who's that guy's agent?
  • I'm still done with Brett Favre....but I do feel for Aaron Rodgers....guy needs a shot....
  • Oh yeah...I need to weigh in on Maurice Evans to the Hawks....i'm okay with it...but not if they think he's Josh Childress....cuz he's not....And I keep hearing about Josh Smith sign-n-trades.....but i haven't heard a single proposal? Weird....
  • 2 more NBA signings....Emeka Okafor for 6/72 mill....and Luol Deng getting near a 6-year deal...bout time these guys got wrapped up reasonably....
All I got for now....

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Kotchman makes 1.45 this year..then next he's up for that arbitration thing..I go the other way and say nah it wont work in Houston..