Thursday, July 31, 2008

8/1: I'm gaining consistency....

Back again....this time because there was yet another huge slew of news to discuss....let's get to it....
  • 2(and a half) rather huge deals in MLB.....First being Manny on his way to LA and the Dodgers....In a weird 3-way deal (never hear of 3-ways in baseball really)....Boston lands Jason Bay for him, and the Pirates get a slew of LA prospects....I like the deal for all parties actually...Boston gets a very solid bat with no problems back for Manny, LA gets the guy that can (and will, imo) push them over the top in the division, and Pittsburgh slashes salary and gets young guys (which they always wanna do).....I'm cool with it....
  • Deal #2: Griffey to the White Sox...I've said it before and I'll say it again....Ken Griffey Jr. is the best baseball player I've ever seen....not this version...but the pre-Reds version....so he has a soft-spot for me....that said, I do like this deal for CWS....he can still hit (esp. for power) and they got him on the cheap
  • Deal #2.5: Pudge to the Yankees....Yes, it's the Yankees so this is huge news...but if you look at NYY and think they have a real shot to win this thing, I'd believe youre nuts....But Pudge is a 1st-ballot hall of famer....going to NY so it's a story
  • Ummm....Maybe this Ron-Ron to the Rockets thing won't work after all......Him and Yao are already feuding it seems...hurray
  • I don't really care about the Olympic exhibition schedule for the US Hoops team....that said, when I get back....if it's on....count me in...even if the star of Turkey's team is former NC State clown Engin Atsur....laughter....
  • Ya know what Pat White (of West Virginia QB fame) is guilty of? Being real.....flat-out....college baseball is almost totally devoid of African-American talent and he just said it....while mentioning his own school in the process...I have no issue here....
  • I'm with Dan Shanoff....I'd watch MJ play against 6th graders.....what is about that guy? lol
  • The first College football coaches poll is out....I'm usually against this type of speculation...but it COULD potentially matter...well...only once ever...but ask Auburn if it matters...lol....Anyway, UGA #1 and Ohio State #3....Michigan vastly overrated at #24....kill me now...it's going to be a long season...
  • Wait...let me get this straight....The Packers would rather pay Brett Favre $20 million to stay away...then to use his rights to their advantage and get some draft picks for him? Makes sense to me....in the bizarro world
That's it for me...

No comments: