Saturday, February 28, 2009

Bonds, Shaq, Bart Scott.....

Welcome...
  • Barry Bonds' trial delayed....I know you're all shocked.....but you shouldn't be....this seems to always happen and this time, it's an appeal on the previous evidence that was discounted....yawnnnn wake me up when it starts....
  • Quick....name the last time you can remember Shaq having 45 points in a game.....drawing a blank? Well it happened last night against a hapless Andrea Bargnani....well, for the Raptors, this reminds you of the flaw you created with the Jermaine O'Neal trade....
  • Steph Marbury looked good in his debut....His play won't be the issue....if he plays within the system, he can still play basketball and play it well....he's an elite talent and if Doc and KG can harness him into a role player, I'm on board
  • 2 NFL signings.....Bart Scott for 6 years ,$48 million....boy that sounds like alot, but we'll see what he can do without Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs....Underrated fact about this is that he moves into the same system with his old DC....that can't hurt him...........and Kerry Collins resigns with the Titans for 2 years, $15 million....I can't believe he garners $7.5 million a year but he had a capable year.....the ever-present sidebar.....the continued bust status of Vince Young who is now further buried....
To the NBA....
  • Detroit wins on the road in Orlando to break the skid....well, not many people saw this coming, but I can't think its just a coincidence that Allen Iverson didn't play and suddenly they played with some mojo....something to look at in the future, especially when Rip started and put up 31....
  • I mentioned Shaq....but here are my next 3 favorite lines of the night.....Al Horford with 21 points, 22 boards.....Russell Westbrook's 33 points, 8 boards, 5 dimes.....and Chris Paul's ludicrous 9 point, 20 ASSISTS, 7 boards game.....
  • I will defend my Spurs pick from yesterday....Duncan didn't play....and he means alot in case you didn't know....
  • EDIT: Somehow, don't ask me how, I forgot to mention that my current man-crush NBA Player Kevin Durant went down with a severely sprained ankle last night....oh the horror...
What to watch for today/tonight.....
  • Georgetown @ Villanova ESPN Noon
  • Notre Dame @ UConn CBS 2 PM
  • Arizona @ Washington FSN 3 PM
  • Gonzaga @ San Diego ESPN2 7:30 PM.....A little WCC action!
  • UCLA @ Cal ESPN 9 PM....Huge, huge Pac-10 game
  • Accenture Match Play Golf; 10 am Golf Channel and 2 pm NBC
  • Georgia College @ USC-Aiken 7:30 PM No TV, Pennatlantic.com live feed.....Okay, I cheated, I'll be there live
Alot of College hoops....but that's what you get on a February Saturday....let's get it

No comments: