Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Back...and Back strong...

Greetings all....back to life...back to reality....let's jump right in....
  • Tired of hearing about Mike Vick yet? I sure am...and I've been pretty disconnected so I can imagine how some of you must feel...there are reportedly "at least 5" teams interested in his services...cool....go sign with one...
  • Alex Rios (and his gigantic contract) claimed off waivers by the White Sox....They will assume the 60-ish million left on it...basically as a free agent signing mid-season...one of the crazier things I can remember happening....but he can still play a little bit...
  • Big Baby resigns in Boston....2 years....6 million....My question is...where are all these guys going to play? Wallace/Perkins/KG will all play significantly more minutes....so I guess he's insurance?
  • The Yankees finally lost....and the Red Sox finally won....so OF COURSE SportsCenter leads with them....clearly there's nothing else happening in sports...lol
  • For those of you that care...my NFL preview is being worked on as we speak....
  • Troy Tulowitzki hits for the cycle...in his first 4 ABs no less.....the Cycle is vastly over-rated to me (wouldn't you want 4 extra base hits instead of having a single? and so on) but a nice 5-5 day....
More later today probably....stay tuned

2 comments:

Teacher said...

Yeah, good call about the cycle. If a guy is a single short of the cycle, but then hits a double, that somehow lessons the accomplishment?--James

ya boy trav said...

glad to have you back brad