Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Pitino and...Soccer?

The world is leading with Rick Pitino...so I'll say my piece....
  • After gathering all the info I possibly could this afternoon....I've come to this conclusion...the worst thing he did here? Have drunken/unprotected sex with a woman who wasn't his wife...that's a terrible, terrible offense to me....that said, I have no issue with Louisville keeping him should they choose to do so...It's a strictly moral issue from what I can see b/c his job performance hasn't come under fire...and I've seen the Mike Price (Alabama football) comparison....I don't see it....Price hadn't coached a game at the school, used a university credit card, and received lap dances while on the job (official event)....hence the "university-centered" theme here....Pitino had none of that...EDIT: His contract has a morality clause....there's some leeway for the university if they wanna get out of that big contract....
  • The US blew a 1-0 lead and lost in soccer to Mexico in Mexico City where they apparently never win....this is apparently news....I don't know why?
  • Kevin Youkilis and Rick Porcello each suspended 5 games...how in the world is that justice? Now hear me out... Porcello is a starting pitcher...5 games is basically the equivalent of him taking an extra day between starts....that's all he gets? He threw at Victor Martinez the inning before...and then subsequently drilled Youk....Yes, Youkilis should get docked...but not SIGNIFICANTLY more than Porcello....which he clearly is as a position player....
  • John Smoltz refuses option to the minors....will now be traded or cut....Memo to Frank Wren....GO GET HIM! Yes...I said it...make it up to your fans...go get him...stick him in the pen and let him unleash 1 inning at a time...
  • Rasual Butler dealt to Clippers in a straight salary dump...helps the Clips with a reasonable backup at the 2/3 without threatening Eric Gordon's minutes...for New Orleans...saves them about $4 million and adds to the completely inconsistent behavior of that front office lately...are you trying to compete or be cheap?
  • The Braves are hot....6 of 7...4 straight.... if they pitch like this....I refuse to get my hopes....keep reminding me ok? Thanks....
Have a good day all....

No comments: