Wednesday, August 19, 2009

On the go...

Blogging from the road this morning....

Brett Favre is a clown...there's not too much I can say about it other than to tell you that my NFC North preview is NOT changing....I repeat NOT changing....I don't think he makes them better at 40 years old than they would have been with Sage Rosenfels...it's a running team and he's coming into camp incredibly late....Meh

Why the Braves wouldn't pursue John Smoltz in a bullpen role is beyond me....But that's not the lead Braves story today...that would be the utter collapse of Derek Lowe in the 4th last night...I've never seen anything like that from him before...Just suddenly couldn't get anybody out...and Bobby hung him out to dry on top of it....hopefully an aberration

I'm gonna need more coverage of the Hawks ownership re-merger....this is an insane story....for background, here are several co-owners of the Atlanta Spirit group that owns the Hawks and Thrashers; Several months ago (over 2 years actually), Steve Belkin decided to sue the other partners over some financial issues, and actual personnel issues stemming from the Joe Johnson sign-and-trade....Anyway, the courts have decided that the 2 sides now, once again, co-own the team....and I haven't seen a national mention of this....these guys HATE each other...and don't have enough money to own an NBA team anyway....Great mojo for the future of Atlanta sports....

More later

No comments: