Friday, October 9, 2009

Let's talk football....

Okay, Here's what I'd be watching this weekend...in order

Saturday
  • Noon - Georgia @ Tennessee (I'd throw in a little Presidents Cup for the early slate)...I really like Georgia in the game but Neyland Stadium hasn't exactly been kind to them lately...and Lane Kiffin is sort of due....that being said, nobody in their right mind can pick Jonathan Crompton
  • 3:30 pm - Alabama @ Ole Miss toggling with Wisconsin @ Ohio State.... Everybody has heard about Alabama and Ole Miss this week (I like Bama handily...and Ole Miss proves to be that one team that was inexplicably overrated preseason)... but my focus will be more on the Badgers and Buckeyes...Wisconsin is 5-0 but it has high mirage potential...this will tell the Big 10 if they are a factor...and OSU is still my favorite despite what Iowa has done and what Penn State was rumored to be....
  • 8:00 pm - Florida @ LSU and Michigan @ Iowa.... Okay, Okay...I know I'm the only person outside of the Midwest that will have the Michigan game on.... but it's a big barometer for both teams.... that being said...Florida and LSU get all the attention and rightfully so...personally, I don't think Tebow plays in the game....and I still like Florida... backup QB John Brantley was (and is) highly coveted and in limited opportunities has been generally fantastic...even pre-season I was reading that he might be the 2nd best QB in the conference....and I don't trust LSU at all...yes the night game helps tremendously, but not enough on offense to combat what Florida will bring... 
Other games to keep an eye on: Oregon @ UCLA (I like the Ducks with or without Masoli), and Georgia Tech @ Florida State (too much turmoil in Tallahassee and GT runs for 300+ yards in this one)

Sunday (If you have direct ticket)
  • 1:00 - Cincy @ Baltimore... yikes...this is the worst slate of games I can ever remember in a non-week 17 irrelevant situation... but this is watchable... I'm a fan of what Cincy is doing on defense and Baltimore will be a true test for them... Flacco is playing at a high level and Ray Rice is dangerous... Cincy keeps it close (covering the 8.5 number) but Baltimore wins....
  • 4:00 - New England @ Denver toggling with Atlanta @ San Fran... The Denver game is the better game...but you know where my allegiances are.... huge test for Denver (I know Dallas was supposed to be but I'm incredibly low on Dallas)... Brady isn't quite all the way back yet from a production standpoint and Bailey is a good matchup on Moss...but Welker gets healthy and the Pats score 25+ and win.... Atlanta/SF is a close game from the jump... I like the Niners, but the reason I'll take the Falcons is simply the dropoff from Frank Gore to Glen Coffee (who is averaging under 3 YPC as a starter)... not enough to exploit the holes on the Falcons D-line... thinking 24-20....
  • 8:15 - Indy @ Tennessee.... how mad is NBC that Tennessee is locked in here and they can't have Denver/NE? Win or absolutely die for Tennessee (I think they're dead anyway) but nobody beats Indy at night it seems...I'll take the Colts.....
Other picks: Houston over AZ, Cleveland over Buffalo (upset), Washington over Carolina, Pitt over DET, KC over Dallas (upset), NYG over Oak, Philly over TB, Minny over STL, Seattle over Jax...

Enjoy it everybody

No comments: