Tuesday, October 6, 2009

MLB Playoff Preview/Season Awards

Greetings...I know nobody is really too focused on baseball right now...but it'll heat up in a hurry....First...here are my season awards

NL MVP: Albert Pujols
NL Cy Young: Chris Carpenter
NL ROY: Tommy Hanson

AL MVP: Joe Mauer (who has been incredible)
AL Cy Young: Zach Greinke (the best pitcher on earth for 8 months)
AL ROY: Rick Porcello

That was easy....Onto the playoffs....

AL 1st Round:
Yankees over Twins/Tigers (it doesn't matter which one) in 4
Red Sox over Angels in 5

ALCS:
Red Sox over Yankees in 7

NL 1st Round:
Cardinals over Dodgers in 4
Phillies over Rockies in 5

NLCS:
Cardinals over Phillies in 5

World Series:
Red Sox over Cardinals in 6

You call it analysis...I call it a hunch.... The baseball playoffs are about as big of a crapshoot (lately at least) as any... I picked the Sox before the season, and I'm a believer in that nucleus, especially with the playoff pitching success of Lester and Beckett... For the Yankees? Please show me a time when CC Sabathia was a dominant postseason pitcher...I'll wait...and don't get me started on AJ Burnett.....They'll falter.... Enjoy October baseball everyone



No comments: