- The West beat the East in the NBA All-Star Game last night. Kevin Durant was the MVP and had 36 points, Lebron had 36 points, Dwyane Wade had a triple-double, and Kobe went for 27. That is all I have on this.
- Ryan Zimmerman gets $100 million from the Nationals. My initial reaction to the newly-signed 6-year deal was, "wow, that's a lot for him". Zimmerman is an elite 3rd basemen statistically, but has a history of injuries, and that's a franchise that's suddenly spending a ton of money (with Strasburg, Jordan Zimmerman and Harper to come).
- Robert Griffin III ran a 4.41 in the 40 at the combine. That's a non-story even when he ran the fastest time since Mike Vick (at QB) just because we all knew he'd run something like that. The bigger story? Andrew Luck running a 4.67. That's really impressive for a guy who's been pegged into the "rigid, pocket passer" category.
- And a college hoops note... Wisconsin beat Ohio State on the road 63-60. I, as usual, love the Badgers, and they seem to be peaking at the right team to make a tourney run behind Jordan Taylor.
What to watch for...
- #18 Notre Dame @ #8 Georgetown - ESPN 7:00 - Georgetown being a top-10 team while being coached by JT3 is pretty hilarious to me. That's my thought on that.
There it is...