- The Sacramento Kings are staying in Sacramento. If you haven't followed this story, you're probably thinking, "um, why wouldn't they?", but the short version is that they were in real danger of being shipped out if a brand new arena deal wasn't consummated. That deal was agreed to on Monday, and thanks to the efforts of mayor Kevin Johnson (former NBA star, no less), there won't be any team movement here. The above title of this post refers to an underground movement to keep them in Sacto called "Here We Stay", and stay they will.
- Kobe Bryant has a broken nose... but not a concussion, as previously reported. This is the only takeaway from the All-Star game (spare me the on-court narratives, please), but if Kobe says he doesn't have a concussion, so be it.
- College Hoops Round-up - Georgetown unleashed on defense in holding Notre Dame to 41 points on 33% shooting in an 18-point home win last night. No one on the Irish broke double-digits in scoring. Yikes. And while we're here, Kansas cruised past OK State by 12 in Gallagher-Iba behind 27 from Tyshawn Taylor and a ho-hum 17 & 11 from Thomas Robinson. One bright spot for the Pokes was the play of little Keiton Page who put up 29 points including 7 triples despite being 5-foot-8 on a good day.
What to watch for on Tuesday...
- NCAAB - #5 Michigan State @ #20 Indiana - ESPN 7:00 - Sparty gets a really tough road test here.
- NBA - Hornets @ Bulls - NBA TV 8:00 - Real, live professional basketball!
- NCAAB - #13 Florida @ Vanderbilt - ESPN 9:00 - Vandy isn't ranked, but they have 20 wins, great guards, and home-court advantage. I smell an "upset".