Thursday, March 28, 2013

Sweet 16 Thursday Preview!

Greetings everyone! Due to some unexpected travel, I'm writing this via my trusty iPhone from the road so bare with me. Lets take a look at tonight's March Madness action (in chronological order).

7:15 - #3 Marquette vs. #2 Miami (CBS) - This is certainly not a flashy game, but it's quality. Miami lost their leading rebounder due to a knee injury, but are still the favorite here. I kinda like Marquette and they'll grind all day to make this game close.

7:45 - #6 Arizona vs. #2 Ohio State (TBS) - Arizona is one of the most underrated teams in the tourney and I expect a close game here. With that said, I can't go against Aaron Craft and company, and they have the clearest path of any team to the Final Four.

9:45 - #4 Syracuse vs. #1 Indiana (CBS) - This is probably the best game of the day. Indiana is certainly the better team, but Syracuse doesn't have a massive talent disadvantage. The 2-3 zone should keep the Hoosiers to a half court game and that would favor the Orange. If Syracuse makes threes, I think they win the game.

10:15 - #13 La Salle vs. #9 Wichita State (TBS) - Obviously this is the least discussed game of the four, but that doesn't mean it won't be entertaining. I thought Wichita State was violently underseeded as a #9 and they would've been a team I picked to make a run if they have the Gonzaga matchup in round 2 (where they made 7 straight threes to finish the game, not that I'm bitter). I like the Shockers to knock off a worn out La Salle team.

Enjoy the slate!

No comments: