Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Concession from me....

Let's get it...
  • Denver disposed of Dallas in 5 games....Overall? Not shocked at all by the results of last night (it was a pretty foregone conclusion this series was ending IMO) but I am a little surprised at the relative ease at the series win... The lone bright spot for Dallas in the series? Dirk Nowitzki was very effective....I am a self-proclaimed Dirk-hater for his lack of defensive effort/production and I'm still not on board with him as a 1st-team all NBA player...but he was fantastic offensively in this series... For Denver? Billups....Melo...the usual suspects...and I look forward greatly to the LA/Denver series that's upcoming....
  • Now for my concession... I wasn't going to mention hockey at all on this blog...but I can't hate on Crosby/Ovechkin for 7 games including a game in the series that featured BOTH of them with hat tricks....it's what the game needed....
  • Ryan Zimmerman's hit streak ends at 30....we shouldn't follow these things until they hit 40....I've been saying this for years...
  • Dwight Howard apologizes.... I was anticipating this...all signs point to Howard being a great guy...amicable, nice, etc.... but I was actually hoping he wouldn't.... I'm really enjoying his mean streak lol...I hope he has a big-time implosion in Game 6 just b/c I love him...
  • The Braves blew 3 different leads in yesterday's game.... and... won? That's the type of game this version of the Braves never wins....but yesterday would've been absolutely crushing when you factor in the Tuesday collapse... on the other hand...this one could be a propellant.... I'm excited...
One important note...I'm leaving town for Maine this morning.... no idea on the internet prospects from Friday-Sunday.... so if I have an unexplained absence...well...it's explained...

No comments: