Thursday, May 21, 2009

Down Goes Lebron, Peavy to Chi-town?, etc....

The big story for me is...
  • The Cavs going down... if there was a game for Orlando to win it was Game 1 with the Cavs coming off the long layoff...but let me tell you 2 stats you won't see again in this series....Orlando shooting 55% from the field (and 45% from 3) and scoring 105 points...that won't happen again...in fact they might not approach those numbers... That being said, big-ups to SVG and company...Orlando got max production from Rafer Alston (8 dimes, 1 TO), Dwight Howard (30 and 13), and Hedo (14 dimes!)...but Rashard Lewis is the key to this series...Mike Brown seems content to play Varejao on him...that won't work... I've seen that....Oh yea...have I mentioned Lebron shot 20-30 and had 49 points, 8 dimes, and 6 boards? RIDICULOUS stat line...all for nothing...but 30 shots is too many for him...that means he was making jumpers...but that also means he "only" took 10 FTs...not a small number...but he should be taking 15+ per in this series...
  • Jake Peavy to the White Sox? There is apparently a deal in place to send him to Chicago...I won't examine the package...it can't possibly be enough but San Diego is desperate to move him to shed payroll (and be even WORSE than they already are)...but here's the thing....why does Chicago wanna become a buyer in the trade market? They're in 4th place in the AL Central, 17-22, and 5.5 games out...this isn't a playoff team with or without Peavy...I don't get the move...but hey, if they can hold on to their top prospects...I guess you take the flier?
  • Phil Mickelson takes a leave of absence to be with his ailing wife...this is a big step by Phil and I applaud him for it...it helps to be in great financial shape...but the willingness to simply put golf to the side shows a side of Phil many people would never have seen...big-ups to him and I wish his wife well....
  • I'd like to thank Victor Martinez (the Indians C) for hitting .400 this year...the year AFTER i picked him quite high in my fantasy league and he unceremoniously bombed...I'm not bitter...lol
  • One more baseball note...This came to my mind while watching my hometown favorite Jeff Francoeur flail away at a slider the other night...do you realize that the Braves front office openly turned down a Jeff Francoeur/Zach Greinke swap in the past year? That happened...Greinke (he of 7 wins and 0.60 ERA) would be a nice fit....

Keep an eye out for Lakers/Nuggets Game 2 tonight...that's a big game for Denver...

No comments: