Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Epic Fail...

Bad night to be an Atlanta sports fan....again....
  • The Hawks get run out of the building... a 27 point loss in a game that most people thought was their best chance at sneaking a road win? Hmm...seems predictable for this team... The funny thing is...the 2 guys that showed up (for the most part) were Mike Bibby and Josh Smith...probably my 2 least favorite players on this team (until you get to the 8-12 guys but yea)....Bibby shot the ball well and wasn't absolutely destroyed defensively (still subpar, but not destroyed)...and Smith attacked the rim....now, don't get me wrong...Mr. Smith still had me screaming at the TV during some of his "jab-step, jab-step, 18-footer" routines....I can't talk about it.... lol... 34 and 10 for Lebron....what do you do?
  • The Braves have lost 14 of their last 20... and are honestly a chore to watch....even for me... let that sink in...I have trouble watching this team...That's how consistently bad the offense is... Casey Kotchman couldn't hit 4th for a AAA team.. Greg Norton is the worst "professional pinch hitter" in the majors.... Garret Anderson was an abysmal free agent signing...Jeff Franceour doesn't walk still (although he hasn't been terrible at all), and the 2nd best hitter can't see the ball.... Gonna be a long season....

To non-ATL things...

  • Denver goes up 2-0...I'll be the first to say Denver has impressed me...I thought Dallas would steal one... Josh Howard's early exit didn't help things for Dallas last night... but anytime Denver can get 46 points from NeNe and JR Smith...you aren't beating them in Denver...it's not going to happen... I'm still wary of this team (mostly b/c they're coached by George Karl)....but I'm liking them more and more...Billups has been there...Carmelo is one of the most efficient late-game scorers in the league (look it up) AND he pretty much carried a college team like no one had since Danny and the Miracles...so he's capable... and I love how NeNe, Kenyon Martin (defensive stopper all the sudden), and the Birdman fit into their roles....
  • My god Brett Favre...go away....but if you DO comeback...Minnesota is the only place that makes any semblance of sense....and it still doesn't to me...you don't need a gunslinger when you have Adrian Peterson...
  • Panic in the Bronx...the Yanks got swept...AGAIN by Boston...I'm eagerly awaiting the next Sports Guy/Jack-O exchange....
  • The Dodgers win their record 12th straight at home to open the year....if they get pitching like they have....they'll win the NL...that's the best lineup on the Senior Circuit...
  • Dave Bing is the mayor of Detroit...only fitting...for those of you who don't know...he's a hall of fame Guard from the Pistons...I'm hoping dearly he won b/c of his political ideals and not because he's a hall of fame basketball player...b/c that city needs quality decision making...best of luck sir

That'll do it

No comments: