Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Houston Steals 1, Zach Greinke...

Forgive my extended absence...battling a terribly sore throat and traveling at the same time will do that...
  • Houston takes Game 1 in LA....100-92....I, for one, am surprised by this...I won't say shocked b/c if you're gonna steal one, it's game 1...but the way they did it was impressive...Yao was huge (and he MUST be for them to win)...but the difference to me? Aaron Brooks and Kyle Lowry combined to absolutely smash the LA point guards (Fisher, Brown, Farmar)... and that's the big weakness for LA...and it isn't going away....and for LA also...you'll need more than 23 combined points from Odom and Gasol....In the end, Houston can make this interesting b/c they flat-out will defend and keep games close....
  • Orlando wins a road game as well....This one doesn't surprise me at all simply b/c of the magnitude of effort Boston had to put forth to win that last series...they were visibly dead...and just ran out of gas after making the huge comeback....4-24 from Rondo and Allen doesn't help either... Umm...when did Kendrick Perkins become Wes Unseld? He seems to have 16 boards a night...of course...he's no Dwight Howard (16 and 22)...who led the Magic's ridiculously balanced offensive attack last night....when am I going to hear about how well JJ Redick is playing?...Interested to see if Courtney Lee can make it back for Game 3 too...
  • Zach Greinke threw a shutout last night...his ERA is 0.40....he has 6 wins....umm....that's pretty...darn....impressive I must say...
  • The Big 10 commissioner makes no sense...really? You want to leave it at 11 teams huh? That's symmetric....get outta here.....

And finally....

  • The Cleveland Lebrons take on my Hawks in Game 1 this evening...led by the newly crowned MVP...Do I think Atlanta has a chance in the series? Not even remotely...do I think they have a shot tonight? I did...until Houston beat LA yesterday...now Cleveland has seen what can happen...they'll be ready.... Cleveland wins Games 1,2, 4, and 5....Atlanta steals game 3....Cleveland 4-1

No comments: