Thursday, August 19, 2010

2010 NFL Preview Part 3: AFC North

This is a tough one...
  1. Baltimore Ravens (11-5) - Healthy Flacco (a year older, no less), dynamic back in Ray Rice fully entrenched as the starter from Day 1, add in Boldin for a legit #1, bring back Mason from retirement... sounds like a good plan, eh? I like Baltimore alot... if Ed Reed is 100%, I like them even more... there are rumors that he'll be ready for Week 1, and if he is, I might add another win or 2 to their already impressive mark... Ngata is an absolute beast on the D-line, Lewis can still play, and Suggs is an animal... the issue? Cornerback depth is suddenly non-existent... Dominique Foxworth is already out, and they are down to Ladarius Webb and Fabian Washington... there better be a passrush...
  2. Pittsburgh Steelers (10-6) - Okay... Big Ben misses 4 games IMO... I'm saying they start 1-3.. so they have to finish 9-3... I think it's do-able.. Mendenhall is legit at RB, Ward/Wallace/Miller/Randle El is a functional receiving corps, and the O-line can' t be worse now that they've added Flozell Adams and rookie Maurkice Pouncey... Most importantly? A healthy Polamalu and a healthy defense in general... monstrous talent everywhere... Aaron Smith, Polamalu, Farrior, Woodley, and Harrison are all pro-bowl type guys, and they are all there... and I trust Tomlin... done
  3. Cincinnati Bengals (8-8) - I don't trust Carson Palmer... I don't trust Terrell Owens... and I don't trust Antonio Bryant... and REALLY, I don't trust Cedric Benson either... why should I? Palmer has a track record, but he looked washed up late in 2009... Benson? One-year wonder, but even if I grant you that isn't a fluke, can he carry the offense? I say no... and don't get me started on TO... the Cornerback tandem of Leon Hall and Johnathan Joseph may be the best in the league and that helps, and if Antwan Odom is 100%, the pass-rush could be good... the defense isn't the question mark in Cincy for once... but I don't see a playoff return
  4. Cleveland Browns (4-12) - The Holmgren regime inherited a mess... Jake Delhomme isn't the answer for anyone... and I mean, anyone... but there isn't a single scary skill guy outside of Josh Cribbs (and he's position-less)... the defense? has some young talent.. Eric Wright, Joe Haden, and D'Qwell Jackson are all studs... but I don't see the bounce-back in 2010... hey, at least they have a building-block LT in Joe Thomas... cheer up Cleveland!

No comments: