Wednesday, August 25, 2010

2010 NFL Preview Part 8: NFC East

Toughest division for last... yay.... First time (in my memory at least) that everyone in a division would be over .500.... but that's what I see...
  1. Dallas Cowboys (11-5) - I've wrestled with Dallas... but here it is... Tony Romo is good... they have 2 above-average RB's (even if I'm terrified of Felix Jones in fantasy), Miles Austin is elite, either Dez Bryant or Roy Williams (or both) should be okay, Jason Witten is still good... that's pretty crazy talent... the O-line? Not awesome by any stretch, but they've rid themselves of Flozell Adams' corpse, and they should be able to pass-block better in 2010.. the secondary is still the concern for me (safety mostly) but DeMarcus Ware covers up for alot of sins, and that 3-man D-line is very, very talented behind Jay Ratliff... Wade Phillips is pretty bad... but they have the best roster
  2. Philadelphia Eagles (10-6) - I like Kevin Kolb... now, hear me out... we have no idea what Kevin Kolb will be... just know that... but the guy has accuracy (65%+ everywhere he's ever been), and they've seen enough to ship Donovan out... I'm down on McCoy but Andy is winging it anyway, and I like Mike Bell and Leonard Weaver alot... Maclin is due for a breakout, and even if (IMO when) Desean Jackson takes a step back with defenses keying on the long-ball... they have a plethora of options including upper-echelon tight end Brent Celek, and Jason "I don't drop the ball... ever" Avant... the biggest reason I like Philly? the defense... my defensive ROY pick (Brandon Graham, yes I'm a homer, but yes I'm serious), Ernie Sims, Asante Samuel, Trent Cole... I like them....
  3. New York Giants (9-7) - I have no idea what to make of the Giants... Eli was good last year... 4000+ yards, and they put alot on his plate... the Bradshaw/Jacobs combo is decent enough (especially when they figure out that Bradshaw is the better player), and they have a nice trio of young WRs in Smith/Manningham/Nicks... the defense was the travesty last year... there was a buzz of "number 1 defense" hype on them before 2009 and they fell flat... they were somehow the 3rd WORST defense in the L last year in PPG allowed... that's insane... I expect a rebound now with alleviated health concerns, and talented guys like Tuck, Canty, Bulluck, and new signee Antrel Rolle... They'll be better
  4. Washington Redskins (9-7) - Somebody had to be in the cellar... I love, love, love the Donovan signing... but he needs O-line help (should be slightly better with Jammal Brown and Trent Williams), and the weapons are suspect... I believe Portis could be decent this year... but the Parker/Johnson signings make me laugh... and there's not a #2 wideout opposite Moss... the defense was quietly decent last year... and that should continue... they have very good secondary play, and young talent in the front 7... with any skill guys at all? They'd be in the discussion to win this thing...

No comments: