Saturday, August 21, 2010

2010 NFL Preview Part 5: NFC West

Aloha...
  1. Arizona Cardinals (8-8) - Yes, you read that right... an 8-8 division champ... I just don't see anyone in this division being an above-average team vs. the rest of the league... The offense for AZ will be good IMO... I'm higher on Leinart than most people (and I think he's not in the bottom third of starting QB's), Wells/Hightower can play, and they still have Fitzgerald and newly risen WR Steve Breaston.. but the losses of Boldin on O, and Rolle/Dansby on defense, I don't see that unit being good enough to compete... factor in the drop-off of Warner to Leinart... and 8-8 is the pick
  2. San Francisco 49ers (8-8) - Ah, Alex Smith... Count me as a non-believer... still.. I liked the Brian Westbrook signing to insure Frank Gore... and Crabtree/V. Davis is a nice tandem on the outside... but again, I don't trust Alex Smith... the D is nice... Patrick Willis may be the best LB in the league.. Nate Clements is an elite-ish CB, and any unit led by Singletary can be scary... In the end, the hype machine is cooking, and I don't see it...
  3. Seattle Seahawks (7-9) - Higher on Seattle than I've seen anywhere else... Hasselbeck is "100%" supposedly... I like Forsett (if they choose to give him the touches) and Leon Washington is a home-run hitter... TJ Housh will be bounce-back, and the Golden Tate/Mike Williams rookie duo may yield at least 1 quality wide-out... the defense? I like... Colin Cole anchors an average D-line, but the Tatupu/Curry combo at LB is stellar...I love rookie Safety Earl Thomas, and the unit is healthy to start the year... but if you see Charlie Whitehurst? Season over..
  4. St. Louis Rams (3-13) - I feel sorry for Steven Jackson... guy is a monster year-in-year-out, and he can't get any help... AJ Feeley under center until Sam Bradford is ready? Come on... the worst receiving corps in the league... a bad O-line... yikes... not to mention the plethora of blown D-line draft picks, and a D with various holes... Laurinaitis is the anchor at ILB, and I enjoy Atogwe's work... but it'll get ugly quick.. and Bradford may get killed if they play him too soon... Long year for them...

1 comment:

Ryan said...

8-8 at best for Seattle and 6-10 at the worst but I remain hopeful lol.