Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Almost to the madness...

One more day folks....from tomorrow (when I post my bracket, etc.) until it's over...they'll be a ton of madness in this space...be ready...but until then...
  • That Julius Peppers to New England deal? Take a step back....couple of sources seriously doubting it....ah well....
  • The principle reason I doubt UNC this year (other than their overall overrated-ness) is that Ty Lawson is still questionable with that toe...he may miss the opening round game....and if he's not 100% they have no shot
  • Stephen Curry hangs 32 to shoot another day...vintage....
  • Bulls 127, Celtics 121....I saw this score midway through the 3rd and it seemed like Boston was in control...I got home....and saw this....Chicago hung 78 2nd half points on the defending champs (compared to a "paltry" 66 for the Celts)....and behind John Salmons' season high 38, they were able to win the St. Patty's game....I was semi-shocked when I saw this score so I pass it along...
  • Hawks 119, Kings 97...another semi-shocking output....from 2 different perspectives....First, the Hawks rarely, if ever, score 119 points in a regulation game....and 2nd....the Kings came out firing in this one once leading by 12 points in the 1st....and then proceeded to get run out of the gym....6 in a row for the Hawks....
  • My NBA MVP ballot...1) Wade, 2) Lebron.....Kobe isn't in the discussion for me....and that will cause "hater" allegations...but I want people to know/realize that I championed Kobe for the MVP in years past when the Lakers were down...I just feel like Miami and Cleveland would be far worse off without their guys than LA would be without Kobe (now that Gasol is playing at this level).....Give me the guy (Wade) who has meant literally 30 wins to his team.....In fact, I think I may even have Chris Paul over Kobe....to have that team in contention for a top-3 seed in the West while getting virtually nothing from Chandler and Peja? While leading the league in assists and steals and averaging 22 ppg a game no less? Jeez.....
  • Oh...the US won a WBC game to avoid elimination in the 9th inning....yawn..
  • Something's been bothering me since listening to the BS Report....Al Thornton of the LA Clippers....what does he do well? He seems to absolutely kill the Hawks every time they play....he puts up good numbers on a regular basis such as his 25 and 9 last night....somebody tell me?
That'll do it for now...

No comments: