Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Madness: 2nd Thursday

Let's get back to it shall we! First...to the lines....YTD 9-7-1 and profiting lol
  • Xavier +7.5 over Pitt....I don't think Xavier wins this game outright...but 7 is a ton for Pitt to be laying given their style of play....I hope I'm wrong (I picked Pitt to win it all, etc. etc.) but this is the play
  • Duke -2 over Villanova.... I know I know I know....Duke in the tourney, blah blah blah....but I love the matchup for them....and this is a better Duke team than the last few years... They've gone with the more athletic lineup featuring Elliot Williams and they are defending in the backcourt, not suffering from Greg Paulus anymore, and are a veteran team....and Nova, who is guard heavy, is a good matchup for them....

To the other 2 games not discussed above....

  • Memphis/Missouri....I like Memphis alot in this game....Missouri is going to try to press them as they do to everyone...but Memphis has better athletes....only way Missouri wins this game is if they force Tyreke Evans into some freshman mistakes and capitalize on them consistently...I don't see it....too many athletes with a coaching advantage so I go Memphis
  • Purdue/UConn....I like Purdue in the game more than most people would...just not enough to bet on it....or is it that I just don't trust UConn? The matchups are there....Robbie Hummel HAS TO be full-strength and effective for Purdue to have any shot, but they'll slow it down...hang around...get the "underdog" neutral crowd in their favor down the stretch and make UConn make plays....this won't be a blowout....but in the end, I think AJ Price and company are too much here...take it with a grain of salt

No comments: