Monday, March 16, 2009

A little NBA...

It's gonna be NBA-heavy until the Madness starts on Thursday....let's get it
  • The Hawks win their 5th straight...I hear you now...."they're all at home" you say....and I concur...but 4 wins over playoff teams (Detroit, NO, Utah, Portland) and 3 legitimately good teams (the above teams minus Detroit)....and all without Marvin Williams? I'm enjoying the run alot....gotta get some distance for the 4th seed....and Joe Johnson has turned it on....He looks fresh again
  • Quick...what's the game you'd LEAST want to see in the NBA right now? For me....It's the Kings and the Wizards....and that's the game that happened last night....yikes...
  • How can Utah be taken too seriously as a Finals contender when they are so bad on the road? 13-20 on the year isn't gonna cut it....I don't care how good you are at home...you're only gonna have homecourt for 1 series....
  • On the other end...Cleveland is 29-1 at home...that's not a misprint
  • Phoenix had 120 points through 3 quarters....I can't ever remember seeing that...I'm amazed....but of course, it was at the mercy of Don Nelson....So put an asterisk by it.....Sidebar....Keith Smart (of Indiana baseline jumper fame) is the head assistant for Golden State...I had no idea...At any rate, as I write this near Midnight Eastern...Phoenix has 138 points with 7 minutes left....it's suddenly the 80s Nuggets out there
  • An overlooked (and rightly so) story...??? How bout Darko going back to Detroit and throwing up a double-double in a random Memphis win at the Palace? Where does that rank on the famous vengeance scale? lol
What to watch for....
  • Umm...the sports scene is going to be dead outside of the NBA until Thursday....so...unless you have NBA-TV and can get the Spurs/Thunder game...there's a 2 hour Bracketology special on ESPN tomorrow night? Yea...I got nothin

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I think you maybe overvaluing the "impact" of Marvin Williams..he may be the least important starter you have