Monday, April 20, 2009

Back in the swing...

My apologies on being gone for NBA playoff opening weekend (an abomination I know)...but I was confined to middle-of-nowhere, Minnesota with no cell service or wi-fi...yikes....Here's a couple thoughts
  • Derrick Rose is...awesome? Yea that...BUT don't expect his performance to continue... even prior to reading the recap (and John Hollinger's subsequent column) my first reaction is...uhhhh I've never seen him go for 30...and I was right...his season high was 27 prior to this...he's not duplicating this (against Rondo, no less)....but hey, it was awesome....
  • Dwyane Wade's supporting cast is as bad as I thought...self-explanatory...and he inexplicably avoided going to the rim and settled for 15 footers (Widespread rumors about a late-night vintage Atlanta club binge for him followed lol)
  • Biggest shock of the weekend? A tie between the Hornets and Blazers for laying absolute eggs... New Orleans surprises me a little more b/c they've been there before....Portland? i'm hoping that wasn't an indicator of future performance...yikes
  • Philly makes me look smart (at least for one night)...absolutely STORMING back...and exposing Orlando's weakness in that Orlando just simply couldn't score without making jumpshots with their lack of penetration/creativity from their guards...

Those are just a few things I gathered....quickly elsewhere...

  • Mike Brown wins Coach of the Year...what's the definition? have a guy that is better than everyone else and simply ride him? Bleh...Would've gone elsewhere....
  • Quick, name half the teams in the NHL Playoffs....yea, me neither
  • A quick glance at the MLB standings....Florida is for real (11-1) but not QUITE this good...I liked them before the season b/c their pitching is damn good....but the bats aren't this good, and neither is the bullpen.. Toronto has a +29 run differential in 14 games...let's just say that won't continue.... Kansas City? Loved them before the year...still love them...Zach Greinke is a top-10 pitcher... Most troubling development? Arizona... my NL representative for the WS has been floundering unmercifully despite the 1.89 ERA from Dan Haren...oh btw...he's 0-3!!!! How is that possible!?
  • Goodbye Greg Paulus....didn't see that one coming at all....

Enjoy

No comments: