Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Josh Beckett suspended...

This gets it's own post b/c it's the middle of the day and I'm semi-outraged by this....he threw a pitch over Bobby Abreu's head....not disputable....but a 6 game suspension!? I know, I know...he'll only miss one start....but you gotta be kidding me either way.... just eject him....it didn't even make contact...I don't understand this one at all.... It was any more or less blatant than any retailiation/brushback you'll ever see....I'm a little scared that this will take this part of the game away by the (what I see as) absurd suspension length......On one hand, I can see them sending a message b/c of the way he took on the team, but I honestly feel like if this wasn't against the Angels this close to the tragic death of Nick Adenhart, this wouldn't be this long of a suspension, as insensitive as it sounds, that's how I see it....Rant over

No comments: