Friday, April 24, 2009

Utah/LA, Boston/Chi-town, etc.

To the pressing matter of the NBA playoffs first....
  • Utah makes an appearance in the series.... Deron Williams hits a fadeaway with 2 seconds left to take the lead and Kobe can't knock down the overly heroic 3 to win it.... Indicative stat of the night: Andrew Bynum 7 MINUTES, 5 fouls....good production young fella... It doesn't help when Kobe shoots 5-24 either, but I digress.... At least Utah got one...
  • 2 blowouts elsewhere... Boston throttles Chicago and Dallas does the deed to SA.... Rajon Rondo with a double-double (boards, not dimes), Pierce with 24 and 5 guys (including Starbury) score 13 or more.... a clinic on the road... Derrick Rose's arrival was a bit (lol) over-stated....7 TO's, 9 points last night..... In Dallas? I'm gonna say it's bad when your leading scorer has 12 points...Duncan has 4....and yea...that got ugly for the Spurs.....I won't bury them...but maybe I should
Other issues at hand....
  • NBA Early defections.... Steph Curry....You gave us a trip when you were there...best of luck at the next level.... Ty Lawson and Wayne Ellington? Why did you wait so long again? That being said....I would've come back and been "the man" if I was Ellington....
  • Tony Allen getting death threats in his hometown of Chicago.... Sad story really... and I'm being 100% serious when I say I wouldn't play him if I was Doc...he's a fringe guy anyway....
  • MLB Roundup: Albert Pujols continues to absolutely mash....4-5, 2 HR, 3 RBI, 4 Runs, and even a SB.... monster... a FANTASTIC pitchers duel between King Felix and James Shields resulting in a 1-0 M's win in which the only run was a 1st inning bomb by...Ichiro? Great duel though... and Dave Bush almost gets forgotten even though he took a no-no 7.1 IP last night....he does this alot it seems like....
  • Sox/Yanks tonight for the first time this year...let the over-hype begin...
Enjoy the day of sports...and for the record, I have this uncanny suspicion that Willie Green will shoot 15+ times tonight....

No comments: