- College hoops! #1 Indiana absolutely blasted UNC 83-59 in Bloomington last night. Cody Zeller (the preseason POY) had 20 points and 8 boards for the Hoosiers as they went on a massive run to end the 1st half and start the 2nd. It's too early to bury UNC, but it was a nice win for Indiana. Elsewhere, #3 Michigan moved to 6-0 with a home win over #18 NC State. Trey Burke led the way for Big Blue with 18 points and 11 assists. I love living in a world where UM hoops is a power.
- NBA! Kobe Bryant scored 40 points against the Pacers last night... unfortunately, the rest of the Lakers only scored 33 points combined, and LA fell 79-77 at home. Horrible games from Gasol (2-9), Jamison (1-7), Metta (1-8) and Darius Morris (0-6) did in the Lakers. Kevin Love led Minnesota to a win in Sacramento with a 23-point/24-rebound performance. And Houston beat Toronto 117-101 behind James Harden who had 24 points and 12 assists, while Omer Asik added 18 boards for the Rockets.
- Phillies C Carlos Ruiz was suspended 25 games for amphetamine use yesterday. This is the first 25-game suspension I can recall, and one to watch for for a bad Phillies offense going into next year.
What to watch for on Wednesday...
- 7:30 - NBA - Bobcats @ Hawks (SportSouth) - The Bobcats lost by a million on Monday night, and now they come to Philips Arena to take on a superior Hawks team. Best of luck.
- 7:30 - NCAAB - #13 Michigan State @ Miami (ESPN) - Tom Izzo!
- 8:00 - NBA - Rockets @ Thunder (NBA-TV) - James Harden returns to OKC. Insert storyline here.
- 9:00 - NCAAB - Georgia Tech @ #22 Illinois (ESPN2) - Tech is showing signs of life under Brian Gregory but this is a tough spot in Champaign. I think Illinois cruises.
- 9:30 - NCAAB - #4 Ohio St. @ #2 Duke (ESPN) - Easily the game of the day pitting two top-5 perennial powers against each other. Duke has so much experience/talent returning this year that they're a legit national title contender. Ohio State brings back Craft and Thomas along with a youth invasion, and that's also a team to watch.