- 7:00 - MAC Championship Game - #21 N. Illinois vs. #17 Kent State (ESPN2) - This is actually not a bad game at all. Both teams are 11-1 and undefeated in the MAC, which is a perennially underrated league.
- 8:00 - Pac-12 Championship Game - #16 UCLA vs. #8 Stanford (FOX) - I love Stanford in the game simply because they are better. They'll push around the Bruins on the line of scrimmage, and David Shaw is on the short list of guys I'd want coaching my college football team.
- Noon - #11 Oklahoma @ TCU (ESPN) - This is the least important game that I'll write about on Saturday, but it's something to watch in the early window. Oklahoma has to win here and hope for a Texas win over K-State to sneak into a BCS game, but winning at TCU is no small task.
- 4:00 - SEC Championship Game - #3 Georgia vs. #2 Alabama (CBS) - Easily the biggest game on the slate all weekend, and the winner is playing Notre Dame for the title. When all else fails, I'll side with Nick Saban as a tie-breaker... but here, I don't even think it's a tie. Georgia is mega-talented, but Alabama is the better football team. They have the best O-line, better running backs, and, at worst, a slightly better defense. Give me the Tide.
- 8:00 - #18 Texas @ #6 K-State (ABC) - If the Wildcats win, they win the Big 12 and play in a BCS game. If they lose, the door is open for Oklahoma.
- 8:00 - ACC Championship Game - #13 Florida State vs. Georgia Tech (ESPN) - The fact that Georgia Tech is playing one game for a BCS bowl bid is laughable. Florida State is better by a mile and they should win, but if for some reason the Tech offense it going, you could see a 7-6 team in the Orange Bowl.
- 8:15 - Big 10 Championship Game - #12 Nebraska vs. Wisconsin (FOX) - This should be Nebraska vs. Ohio State with OSU playing for a national title berth, but instead, we get multi-loss Wisconsin!
- 1:00 - Seahawks @ Bears (FOX) - The best of the early slate IMO. This is the season for Seattle, and they absolutely have to have this game for their playoff chances. Chicago could be without Matt Forte, but the big match-up will be Cutler against two back-up CBs for Seattle. Advantage, Chicago.
- 1:00 - Vikings @ Packers (FOX) - Remember when I said this was it for Seattle? The same goes for Minnesota. At 6-5 in a rabidly tough division, they have to beat GB here, and they're likely playing without Percy Harvin on the road. I don't like their chances.
- 1:00 - Pats @ Dolphins (CBS) - I'm only writing about this game at all because New England historically struggles in Miami. That's it.
- 4:00 - Bucs @ Broncos (FOX) - This is a really nice game as Tampa is playing very well, and they really need this one to stay afloat in the Wild Card race. Denver is flying under the radar still, and I don't get it, but I like Peyton and the boys here.
- 4:25 - Steelers @ Ravens (CBS) - This is all about whether Ben plays. If he does, I think I actually like Pittsburgh, but if he doesn't, Baltimore should be a 2-touchdown favorite. That's how bad Charlie Batch is.