College Football - Saturday
- #15 Texas A&M @ #1 Alabama - 3:30 CBS - This is the headliner this weekend as the only match-up pitting two top-15 teams together, and it's in CBS's #1 time slot. I think Bama absolutely cruises here, but the only danger in seeing A&M this week is the let-down factor from last week's huge win over LSU. Johnny Manziel and company could play up and give Bama a game, but I like the Tide big.
- #2 Kansas State @ TCU - 7:00 FOX - This is a danger spot for K-State. Collin Klein had a concussion last week and he's questionable. Add in a road game against a legit opponent who's been a giant killer before, and you may have trouble.
- #21 Miss State @ #7 LSU - 7:00 ESPN - The battle for #2 in the SEC West! Bowl Positioning! (lol)
- #11 Oregon State @ #14 Stanford - 3:00 FOX - The winner of this one grabs control of #2 in the Pac-12 North and Oregon State still has Oregon on their schedule late.
- Penn State @ #16 Nebraska - 3:30 ABC - No one cares about this game unless you're a Michigan, Penn State, or Nebraska fan... but I am! Penn State is shockingly 6-3 with a 4-1 Big Ten record and 'Go Blue' fans are in need of a Nittany Lion upset to open the door to a division title shot.
- Falcons @ Saints - 1:00 FOX - The unbeaten Atlanta squad goes on the road to the Superdome. It's been kind of a house of horrors in recent years for Atlanta, but this isn't the same Saints team. There's no question New Orleans win here, especially at home, behind their potent offense, and in a rivalry game, it's a must-watch.
- Lions @ Vikings - 1:00 FOX - This one isn't on in Atlanta, but this is a "loser leaves town" match-up in the wrestling world. Both teams have 4 losses, and a 5th is basically suicide in the loaded NFC. Big game for both sides.
- Cowboys @ Eagles - 4:25 FOX - Speaking of desperate teams... who had 3-5 for both teams when the season began?... anyone?... Anyway, Philly has all but buried the Vick/Reid era, but if there was ever a team (really, either team lol) that could run off 5 in a row and get back in it...????
- Texans @ Bears - 8:20 NBC - Easily the game of the weekend. Unquestionably two of the top-5 teams in the league and probably the best two defenses in the league this year. Chicago is absolutely beating up on people defensively, and they're on pace for the greatest season by a fantasy defense ever. Schaub, Foster, and that balanced Houston offense should at least protect the ball and give them a chance to win. I think I'd take Houston with a gun to my head, but it's tough to pick against that Bears D in Chicago.
Enjoy the slate!