- As you may infer from my subject above, I'm all-in on Mr. Andrew Luck. He didn't blow up the world through the air last night (18 of 26 for 227 yards), but scrambled for 2 touchdowns and led the Colts to another road win over the hapless Jags. Luck now has the most passing yards in the history of the league for a rookie through 9 games, and he's doing it while being surrounded by Vick Ballard, TY Hilton, Donnie Avery, and Dwayne Allen. Read those names again! I know he has Reggie Wayne, who has been underrated for a decade, but he's on the downside of his career, and the rest of the offense is pedestrian. Did I mention that Indy is now 6-3 and has the 3rd best record in the AFC? Somehow, even after being anointed as the #1 pick as a freshman in college, Luck is still underrated. Period.
- In the Association, Oklahoma City got a win over Chicago 97-91 on the strength of a 31-point 4th quarter. Kevin Durant led the way with 24 points, and Russ Westbrook added 12 dimes. Luol Deng led all scorers with 27 for Chicago, but they simply got run out of the building in the 4th quarter and that was that. In the late game, the Clippers outlasted Portland by a final score of 103-90. Chris Paul did Chris Paul things, finishing 9-17 for 21 points, 6 assists, and 3 steals, but the big key for LAC was DeAndre Jordan who shot 8 of 10 and finished with 21 and 8. Portland mounted a big second-half comeback, winning the 3rd quarter 32-17, but gave some back in the 4th, and it wasn't enough. Nic Batum led the Blazers in scoring with 23 despite a 6 of 18 shooting night.
- There was a college football game last night. #10 Florida State escaped Blacksburg, Virginia with a 28-22 win after EJ Manuel hit Rashad Greene for a 39-yard TD pass with 40 seconds left in the game. I won't pretend like I was tuned in, but FSU stays among the ranks of the 1-loss teams.
What to watch for on Friday...
- College Hoops tipping off! - #1 Indiana tips off at 8:00 against Bryant University (on Big Ten Network). #3 Kentucky faces off with Maryland at 8:30 on ESPN. #4 Ohio State plays Marquette at 7:00 on NBC Sports Network. #10 Florida plays Georgetown at 9:00 on NBC Sports Network. #14 Michigan State plays UConn at 5:30 on ESPN. And #13 UCLA faces off with Indiana State at 11:00 PM on FSN. It's all happening, people!
- NBA - Heat @ Hawks - 7:30 SportSouth - The defending champs come to the Highlight Factory. Should be an interesting test for the new-look Hawks, as the match-ups on the wing are not exactly favorable.
- NBA - Rockets @ Grizzlies - 8:00 NBA-TV - James Harden and company facing off with Memphis. I'm excited to see Omer Asik go at it with Gasol and Randolph.
- NBA - Jazz @ Nuggets - 10:30 ESPN - I continue to be all-in on Utah. Check them out here.
- NCAAF - Pittsburgh @ UConn - 8:00 ESPN2 - If you really, really need football...