Tuesday, August 12, 2008

8/12: USA Hoops, Adam Dunn, etc.

  • I'll lead with Adam Dunn....just to avoid leading with the olympics so I don't get berated....The leading HR guy in the entire league gets dealt after the "deadline"....This definitely helps put some pop in Arizona...and wherever he and Conor Jackson decide to play (between LF and 1B), they have some legit bats now....My money is still on the Dodgers though
  • A little MLB...Evan Longoria (great name) and Carl Crawford both to the DL...trouble in Tampa is brewing...Manny is still mashing....is there anyone you'd rather have on the mound for one game with your life on the line than Josh Beckett? yea...me either....
  • Michael Phelps chalks another gold...and another WR....dude is ridiculous...
  • The Hoops team is playing as we speak....Angola isn't exactly a test....I honestly can't wait to see them play Spain...Spain's got a bunch of legit players that have been playing together forever (much like Argentina)....and I wanna see Ricky Rubio....You'll know who that is pretty soon....
  • Mike Vick may be playing in this new football league? awesome...lol....Honestly, that's the first guy I'd go get if I was an upstart league...can't hurt to have one of the most "famous" (if not infamous) guys around....plus his style of play is obviously watchable...
  • Really NFL? Bruce Springsteen to do the Super Bowl halftime show....and the streak of irrelevant musicians at this point in life continues....the last time anyone under 40 enjoyed the halftime show was the Aerosmith/Britney Spears, etc. compilation....and that was a good while ago....come on....
  • Big injury in college football....that won't get the same pub as Mark Sanchez but I believe is a bigger injury....Trinton Sturdivant (left tackle and best lineman for UGA) is out now....no timetable known....the difference between Mark Sanchez and Mitch Mustain and the difference between Sturdivant and his backup aren't the same....Sturdivant would be a gaping hole for the red and black....
All for now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your blog makes me sleepy....

I think I'm going to go find some grass to watch grow...

Anonymous said...

Brad....how you not gonna have Michael Johnson as the top DE in the country! You have lost your mind..