Friday, October 10, 2008

10/11: Quick NFL Preview....

Professional-style football this time...
First...
THE PICKS
  • Houston -3....Texans are infinitely better at home...Sage Rosenfels isn't playing....there it is
And that's it....wasn't comfortable with any other lines....
To the games...(short and sweet)
  • Oakland @ New Orleans....interesting matchup of 2 teams coming off some disappointment....I like NO in the game at home, but I wanna see what kind of style the new Oakland regime has.....The pick: NO
  • Baltimore @ Indy....Is Indy good? I don't think so....Will I ever bet on Joe Flacco on the road? No....but I'm not betting here.....I'm gonna lean to Indy...but I have honestly no reason to do so....
  • Cincy @ NYJ....Ryan Fitzpatrick gets the starting nod! Translation: if you can avoid watching this game, do so.....I don't think Favre is as good as his last game (clearly) but they win here because Cincy is a wreck
  • Detroit @ Minny...Maybe the Lions will fight off their bye week....eh.....no thanks....A bad run D against the best pure runner in the league, Dan Orlovsky against a quality defense....Minny plz
  • Chicago @ Atlanta....An underrated game actually....I still don't believe in Orton but he's playing well...and the Atlanta secondary is their weakest link....I'm gonna take Chicago because they can stop the run and make Matt Ryan beat them....
  • Miami @ Houston....see above
  • St. Louis @ Washington....nothing can be worse than the Scott Linehan era....that said, Washington rolls at home here....
  • Jacksonville @ Denver....Jax is better than they've played thus far....and I don't trust Denver at all....I'll take Jax on the road despite the numbers pointing the other way
  • Philly @ San Fran....Westbrook is out so this game seems more even....Philly hasn't played lately, but they now have a full complement of WR's (a bad one though), and should be able to handle San Fran's offense (and make JT O'Sullivan turn the ball over)
  • Green Bay @ Seattle.....Here it is....If Hasselbeck plays, I'll take Seattle...if not, I go GB....easy enough?
  • New England @ SD....a battle of teams who aren't as good as they should be or we thought they'd be....I'm gonna pick SD because they have more to play for here....if they lose, turn out the lights....and Matt Cassel simply can't be trusted on the road yet....that said, if they figure out that all they need to do is take 3-4 deep shots to Moss per game....?? 
  • NY Giants @ Cleveland....Cleveland smells.....and yes, I picked that pre-season...I'm not gloating.....This may be the weak they throw in the towel on Derek Anderson....Kellen Winslow likely out too....it's getting ugly and NYG is the best team in the NFL as we speak...no-brainer


No comments: