First of all....THE PICKS
YTD (Entering Sat.): 28-24-3
- Kansas -1 over Texas Tech....Not a believer in the Red Raiders....esp. not on the road
- Michigan State -4 over Michigan....I'll gladly be wrong...but I don't think I will be
- Georgia +2 over LSU....Go back and read that again...I picked Georgia and against Michigan....but I really think LSU is a serious "paper Tiger"....
- Ohio State +2.5 over Penn State....I think Penn State is good....but this is the game they go down....Tressel will have them ready, this much I'm sure....if this is in Happy Valley, I go the other way, but with Pryor at home and comfortable, this is the play
- Dallas Cowboys -2 over Tampa...I think they get right a little bit here...this isn't an offense that can light Dallas' D up
- Buffalo -1.5 over Miami...better team....by more than enough to make up for the fact that it's on the road
- Baltimore -7 over Oakland....Oakland is God-awful on offense....they may not score 7 points total...and I think Baltimore can put up at least 17 at home....Plus the dreaded West Coast team on the east coast 1:00 kickoff.....too many factors....
Okay that's that....Games to watch in CFB....
- Texas Tech @ Kansas (Noon, ESPN)....Good Big 12 battle and clearly the best of the noon kickoffs...
- Oklahoma State @ Texas (3:30, ABC or ESPN2)....Game of the day with apologies to the SEC diehards....We don't know a whole lot about Oklahoma State other than they can score at will.....and they WILL put up yards and points in the passing game (Texas's weak link)....but will it be enough?
- Georgia @ LSU (3:30, CBS)....Good battle here...on record picking UGA....but it comes down to Stafford's play and the ability to shut down whatever semblance of a passing attack LSU tries to trot out there
- Penn State @ Ohio State (8:00, ABC)....Thoughts above, but this one will be an all-out battle
To the NFL.....
- Quickly....my winners are....Baltimore, Carolina, Dallas, Washington, Buffalo, NE, New Orleans (upset special), NYJ, Philly, Houston, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh (though wavering now that Holmes is out), Seattle (upset special #2), Tennessee
- NY Giants @ Pittsburgh...4:15 Sunday....Game of the week without a doubt....Top 3 teams in both conferences meeting....I like Pitt in the game...the Giants defense is in slight turmoil because they can't run the passer all the sudden....Good game here though
- San Diego vs. New Orleans....live from....London!? WHYYYYY....Never understood this...oh well, to the actual game....New Orleans wins here....San Diego's pass defense is actually God-awful and really, this team hasn't looked good in 5 of its 7 games...and the defense hasn't looked good in 6 of the 7....Brees wings it all over the place
- Arizona @ Carolina...This suddenly looks like a possible NFC Playoff Divisional game....yawn...I like Carolina in the game...but only b/c Arizona refuses to give the ball to Tim Hightower while Edge James run down the field with a gigantic fork coming from his back....paging Shaun Alexander....
Enjoy the slate everyone